*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1224369-Aiden
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1224369
This is a story I'm working on, its still in the conceptual stage.
Chapter One
*AIDEN*

'Dominic licked his lips, his eyes glimmering in the dim light. '

         A raven perches on the polished marble tombestone placed in the far righthand corner of the unknown graveyard. There were hundreds of tombstones all around, in the center of the graveyard was a great mausaleum that held all of the long gone members of the LeFaue family. Each family member had been cremated except for the fathers of each generation. The bodies of all the woman were cremated; a portion of each cremated woman was put into an intricately decorated vial and then hung around the neck of their husband. This supposedly shows the union and how strong a LeFaue union was, even in death the couple wouldn't sepparate.
         If a child was to die before adulthood they were burried in the far corner of the cemetary, on the left. When an elder died they would be buried in the far right corner of the cemetary, if their spouse had died after or before them, they'd be placed beside their spouse. When someone of major importance to the family died their body was covered by a white wolf pelt, the upper half of the wolf scull layed over the face. The LeFaue family believed that wolves were the creatures that carried you smoothly through the spirit realm and straight to heaven or hell, wherever you were to go when you died.
         Unfortunately there was something terrible lurking in the depths of each household that shared the last name of LeFaue. The second child of each marriage would be brutally murdered and served to the wolves, this was said to be a sacrifice that kept the family pure of seduction. The blood of the young would be smeared on the alpha males muzzle, then the wolves would be taunted until it licked the mother of the child sacrificed. This made the mother pure again, her virginity had been reestablished.
         For years upon years this ritual kept going on, until something terrible happened. Hunters from the north came onto the LeFaue sanctuary and brutally murdered every single soul in the entire town until only one was left. The one girl left was Aiden LeFaue. When the hunters left her, cold and dying in the dead of winter a mother wolf came to her, taking the child carefully in her mouth and carrying her to the woods where she grew up. This is when the family changed, her blood was tainted with the blood of a wolf, enabling the girl to miraculously turn back and forthe from human girl to wolf.
         This was centuries ago though, some say it was before the birth of christ. Aiden's first son kept the name going through the centuries. Her second child was murdered, just as tradition had been. Her third child was yet another boy who grew to be a translater of the anchient book of the LeFaue's. From Latin to English he translated it, setting a specific doctorine of how the family would remain for centuries after him.
         The raven lifted its head from the marble tombestone and let out a cry of sheer boredom, the noise echoeing off every tombestone, bouncing off the mausoleum and coming back to it. The bird had scared itself and flew off into the sunset. With the absense of the bird, Sariah LeFaue felt lonely. The one creature that inhabited the beautiful cemetary had left, her centerpiece for a sketch now gone. Now that she had nothing to draw from she simply left the cemetary, keeping her eyes peeled for anyone that looked even mildly threatening.
         Word has gone around that a woman is pregnant with her second child, a LeFaue. In the past five years only two woman have given birth to a second child, most stopping at the first to save themselves the heart break of witnessing the sacrifice of their own child. Every male in the family was ready to hunt and feed off of their own. This was how its been now that there was no natural wolf population in the state of Oregon. The beautiful creatures had been whiped out completely years ago.
         Sariah could feel someone was watching her, those wolven eyes locked on her body as she made her way out of the cemetary. The hair on the back of her neck stood on end, goose flesh having taken over her naturally impecable skin long ago. When she turned around her startling realization scared her, it was Trevor Creache. He was the member of a family that had been feuding with the LeFaue's since the begining of time.
         "What do you want?" She asked in a strong tone, showing him that if he wanted something from her, he wasn't getting it at all.
         A smirk formed on his lips that were glossy with saliva, his tongue moving over his lips. "Nothing my sweet." He answered, allowing his eyes to move over her body. One blue eye and one brown. "I do have a question and I believe that you'd have the answer."
         Her hand moved to her hip as she stood her ground, raising an eyebrow when she cocked her head to one side, asking him to go on and get over with it. A smile that made her cringe inside but left her unphased on the out sweapt over his lips. "My dear sweet Sariah, when are you ascending?" As he asked the question his head seemed to move in a motion that was not normal for someone to be speaking casually.
         Although she wasn't lupin right that second, she knew that something was going on. His oddly colored eyes flickered as an orange trail of flames made its way from the inner corner towards the outside, revealing the golden color of his lupin eyes. Sariah laughed and turned her head towards the low warning below of a wolf, seeing another member of the Creache clan standing atop a tombestone.
         "Trevor you know that we aren't supposed to show anything in public. Not in the light. Tell him to stop." Sariah began backing up slowly.
         Long ago when Aiden gave birth to her third son, her first was having a homosexual relationship with a young boy. It was a most scandelous relationship and even though Aiden knew about it, she did nothing because her son was in love wiht the boy. The boys name was Jonathon Creache. He is the father of the Creache lupin's. After being near death after his lover had beat him out of sheer fear of what people would think when they found out, he was taken in by a black wolf. The wolf had given him the same powers that the white wolf had given to Aiden.
         When Jonathon came to the realization that he was ascending, getting the power to change into lupin form and be free he started a fight with Aiden for starting everything. This was the begining of the light and dark in the lupin realm. Every fight between the Creache and the LeFaue began here.          
         "You do know, that you are actually my cousin, if you think about how our families have descended. Tell me when you are ascending." He ordered, the gold in his eyes making the pupils look like needle points, a most fearsome look.
         "If I do, promise to leave me alone. I'm sick of seeing you around here." He could hear how serious she was in her voice. The way that it wavered from being so strong, she'd never felt so threatened in her life.
         It was against the lupin law to reveal yourself in public and daytime, a crime against the higher power...the wolves. Far in the distance a low frequency howl sounded, coming from the forest to the north of Livinstone. Before Trevor could think twice Sariah and ran at him, launching herself into the air before twisting her torso. When she could feel the power pulsing through her veins she twisted her torse back around, long taut leg outstretched. Her foot planted a firm kick to the side of his neck. When it landed she was ecstatic, the scent of anger hanging heavily in the air.
         Trevors hunchmen revealed themselves, eyes having turned lupin. She stood over Trevors unconcious body, glancing at them. When her mouth opened, prepared to below out a warning someone else took her spot. A growl that burned in the hearts of each man ready to pounce on Sariah sounded, her ears echoing with the powerful sound. It was the alpha male of the LeFaue family, standing ontop of the mauselium. His powerful stance warned the others to leave, get out as fast as they could. It was him who had sent her the warning howl.
         The many men that had circled her darted off in all different directions, leaving her to look up at her father. If her were in lupin form his tail would be sticking straight up, his teeth bared. His stance as a human was 'Back off or die'. Sariah got down on one knee and lowered her head, closing her eyes. The sound of Sabriel's clothing alerted her that he responded to her bow, bowing himself. After showing respect for each other they stood and went on about their ways.

*  *  *
         "Tell me what you know!"
         The voice bellowed across the small hall that was located below a church that the Lupin used as a council place. The father of the Creache and the LeFaue sat across from each other, another man who had been taken in by a henchman of the Creache stood near the entrance of the door. Arden LeFaue looked at the man who was pulled off the street. His name was Chadwick Dent and he was supposedly spreading 'rumors' of werewolves waging wars against the Children of the night....vampires. Just like the LeFaue and the Creache, werewolves and vampires have been at war for centuries. Although completely different species, they faught the same.
         "Get it out of him." Arden ordered to the henchman, paying no attention to the orders that Dominic Creache was barking at his own henchman.
         Dominic stood up as the familiar flames crackled over the surface of his eyes showing an unusual lupin color, vibrant blue that seemed the shimmer like gold with each movement of his eyes. His fists clenched tight as the flesh on his arms seemed to shiver with sudden muscle movements. "You will bark your orders at your own clansmen. Do not tell my men what to do!" He bellowed, a hint of growl following his harsh words, flicking off the powerful tip of his tongue.
         Arden sat back, crossing his arms over each other. With the flick of his head his long shaggy hair, black in color moved out from infront of his eyes. The anger was pulsing through his thick veins, the animalian DNA coursing at record speeds. His muscular arms flexed as he clenched and unclenched his fists. No one of the Creache puts a man of the LeFaue in his place without permission.
         A nod from Dominic allowed the hunchmen to slam the head of Chad onto the metal table, a groan of pain rumbling against his gritted teeth. He refused to make his pain aloud. The henchman clenched his fist against the young mans head pulling on the hairs. Chad opened his eyes and pushed his tongue against his teeth, crimson blood spurting out between them.
         "There's word going around...mainly underground that the Vampires want to have you guys on their side in the final battle against the werewolves." Chads words were broken up as he tried not to swallow the blood pooling in the sides of his cheeks. Fear struck his body so hard and fast that if he were standing he'd surely fall over, Dominic and Arden both looked at the young adult. Their eyes lit up with an unhuman glow, the scent of Chads blood hovering thickly in the air, fear could be smelt ontop of the blood.
         Dominic licked his lips, his eyes glimmering in the dim light. Chad could tell just by looking at him that he was about to change and attack. Arden knew better than to show exactly how arousing the scent of fear and blood was. Deep inside, behind his perfect composure paced a beautiful grey wolf with piercing golden eyes, his tail pulled between his legs. He wanted to hunt more than anything in this second yet he held it all inside.
         This was another thing that the LeFaue would boast about, the ability to show respect in the most chaotic of times.
         "Feel like a hunt...?" Dominic was nearly panting as the blood slowly pooled on the table, red and glistening in the light. Chad's face had the red liquid smeared all over it, the liquid that pooled in his mouth made it hard for him to breathe.
         He began to heave, caughing and caughing until only blood came out. Dominic lunged forward, his knees now up by his shoulders as he hovered over Chad, holding his head up the eyelevel with his.
         "Stop Dominic." Arden lowered his voice an octive, calming himself down so that he could sound somewhat composed. It was his duty as the second male in the LeFaue family to represent them as a whole. His eyes closed as he lifted his arm to clench onto a fistful of Dominic's coat, tugging gently to signal that he needed to calm down. "We will hunt when it is time."
         Dominic pivoted on the ball of his foot, placing his hand in the blood and smearing it on the metal table. "And what do you almighty Arden suggest we do with the human?" He nearly growled, clearly his animalian side was slowly taking over, wanting to split the half human self and turn right there. "Huh? Speak oh, wise fool."
         Arden yanked on the fistful of clothing, pulling Dominic into his seat with so much force that the chair fell backwards onto the cold concrete floor. "Fellows, take him to the LeFaue house. Have Sariah look after him. He plays a crucial part in this war that...like it or not, we are being pulled into." Arden stood, flicking his ankle so that the tip of his foot moved Dominics chair, moving him onto his side.
         Dominic put his hand to his head and applied pressure to a small cut on his forhead, above the arch in his brow. Arden glared at him before pulling open the door of the small room, hidden secretly in the basement of the church. He exited faster than anyone else possibly could. Scaling the many flights of stairs leading up the the tower of the church he perched himself on the ledge. A storm was coming in and there was a haunting ring around the moon, someone was coming.
         His lupin eyes darted around the rooftops of the city until he spotted his home, the LeFaue house. The thick and well trained muscles in his thighs flexed, forcing his lithe body up into the air. Gliding through the foggy night he landed on the roof of a famous hotel. A chuckle, low and deep emenated from within his large lungs.

*  *  *
         Sariah sat in the circular tower that was at the peak of the large warehouse. In 1930 the abandoned factory was turned into a warehouse for a new factory that had been built right beside it. Then in 1960 after the enormouse factory burnt down the warehouse was left completely empty, practically calling the names of each LeFaue family member. Arden had moved the main family into it after making the enormous space look like an old fasioned victorian style home. It now has twenty spacious rooms, a large living room, a den, a chef's kitched and her favorite feature...the tower.
         High above every other roof in the city she sat. The room itself was basically one big matress, hundreds of luxuriously quilted pillows lay everywhere. All around it was glass, the walls were thick glass and the roof was painted as the night. One curtain was pulled back to reveal the moon, a crescent moon that had a haunting ring around it, not a good thing to see when there was word of war going about. Someone or something was coming.
         Her slender fingers held the charcoal at an angle, going under her hand and resting on the bottom of her pinky. Arden always said that when Sariah drew with her right hand, holding her impliment as though someone writing would hold it, she drew beautiful images. When she held it with her left hand, going under her hand and resting on her pinky she created images of horror, terrible things came out of her pretty little head.
         The outline of a wolf was begining to appear through the darkness that illuminated the artists paper. The creature held its head high and its tail low in a relaxed position, the tip curling out behind it. A wonderfully full moon sat behind the beast, glowing with multiple rings around it...war. As she let her mind take over she began to lose control of what she was drawing. In the foreground below the wolf standing on a cliff was a masacre. Hundreds of shadowy creatures were fighting a blood war, the thirst of every creature could be smelt on the paper. Literally emenating from her speedy hand.
         Sweat began to collect on her brow especially when her fingers came to a hault, the tallest image below the wolf scared her. Arden and Dominic, held in either claw of a mammoth beast. It was the larges werewolf she'd ever created, so great that it stood taller than two of the vampires. Higher than the largest shapeshifter in the drawing.
         "Oh my god..." She murmered, knowing for a proven fact that what she drew was very much like a profecy. A premonition more like, everything that she'd drawn with her left hand was either a previous incident or something that will happen.
         Her lupin eyes flickered a deep gold as she slid down the banister of  the spiral staircase leading to the study. Frantically she called for Arden, looking on either side of her. "Arden! Arden!!" She screamed and ran as fast as she could, the drawing clenched in her right hand.
         Standing right infront of her was Arden, looking at her with such an interest as to why she was frantically searching for him. Never had he seen his daughter so afray. Although Sariah was running in her personal reality, in the actual reality she was held frozen in the niche of time by Ardens overwhelming power. After slightly amusing himself his powers ceased and the poor dear fell right onto his body. Both of them stumbled back a bit startled by the force she held in her petite little body.
         Her head shook as she stood fast, popping up on her nimble feet with her hand outstretched. He took it with a slight bow and a chuckle as he stood, forcing himself to break that traditional composure of the LeFaue. This was his own flesh and blood, his daughter. She was a bit of him in a female form. Art had brought him to realize how alike they were in the different times.
         It was odd to see a father and daughter LeFaue be so unformal with each other. Meetings between father and children were always meant to be formal and not in anyway impromtu. Yet here they were standing in the middle of a hallway on the third floor, a rather impromtu meeting if any. Their hair was askew and their faces shattered by suprise. Sariah began to take a deep bow, her fathers orderly hand, wheathered with time came on her shoulder, stopping the action.
         "What was it that you needed SaySay?" His fatherly voice kicked in. This voice was one hundred percent different from his listen-to-me-I'm-serious voice and then there was this voice that took over when something serious was going on. It was distinctly different from the
what-is-wrong-sweatheart voice and even more different from the I'm-your-father voice.
         The fear that was coursing through her veins wasn't a good type of fear like the kind that got you to wakeup and realize that you have to run. Instead it was that of 'dear lord we're dead'. The sketch shook infront of his face, the muscles in her arm convusling with sudden anticipation for what he'd say, how her father was to react.
         Moments passed, each one ticked slowly off her watch. The seconds fell from the clock longing to stay on it as the second hand pulled itself away from the long gone second. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Arden stood there, awe struck.
         "Did you--" He began with a slight stutter.
         "Yes, I drew it with my left hand. My non-dominant hand, the one that when I draw...it comes true." Her voice shook, the tips of her nails digging into the palm of her right hand. This created odd crescent shapes in the paper where it crinkled and stretched.
         Without another word he snatched the paper, ripping off the chunk that was not clenched between Sariah's shakey hand. The way his features screwed up on his face gave way to the notion that this was the last word they'd have all day. As usual he'd go to his quarters and sit there, staring at the paper and analizing every little thing on it. He'd discover every stroke, every bold line that faded into the horizon. Every graphite pool of blood, every lead enamel fang. Everything would pool into his mind as one big picture.
         One that would tear apart the family.
© Copyright 2007 Rayne Daie (torntopieces at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1224369-Aiden