*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1224437-Junior-Detective-Squad
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Detective · #1224437
Junior detective squad solves a kidnapping case.
Finally, we the novices get to look at an actual crime scene.

The experts (senior detectives) decided to let us look at the scene since it has been 2 weeks since the kidnapping of 6 year old Amber Worthington, daughter of the Ian Worthington Empire. They figured it would be a good learning experience. They asked what kind of trouble could we cause? They also assumed that we had no chance of discovering what happened to Amber or of solving the case. The only clues they had were that there were no signs of anyone breaking into the Worthington mansion, and that there wasn't any signs that Amber had struggled, which led the detectives and the FBI to believe that she had been drugged or she knew the person. It was quickly discovered that the kidnapper had worn gloves and had obviously known their way around Ian Worthington's mansion. No ransom note had been received and there had been no contact from the kidnapper. All employees were accounted for and not a one had a criminal background.

The only reason discovered so far for the kidnapping was that someone was trying to distract Ian from his latest government project. Ian has developed a new type of germ warfare. The germ warfare will make people very sick temporarily, but they will recover completely within one day. The object of the germ warfare which is called IAN643 is to give armies a chance to subdue their enemies without anyone having to die in the process. Due to the nature of IAN643, Ian Worthington had been in the press a lot recently. Considering that IAN643 is supposed to be sold to the government in 2 weeks is why the police and FBI believe that Amber was kidnapped. They figure that whoever kidnapped Amber is trying to stop the sell of IAN643, so that they can own it themselves or have it destroyed.

Sorry to interrupt the story, but I thought it would be polite to introduce myself...My name is Victoria Davis and I'm a member of the Junior Detective Squad in Marshall County. I am 15 years old. I am around 5 feet 3 inches tall with long blonde hair and blue-grey eyes. I guess you could say that I'm relatively skinny with a little extra padding. I also possess a few unique powers that the experts (police, FBI, etc.) do not know about. One of my powers is that I can sense where a person has been. I can normally get a pretty good description of a person so that I can identify them, which could be beneficial to this kidnapping case. My other power is that basically I'm a witch - a good witch. I only use my powers for good - at least most of the time.

Okay that's enough about me, now let me introduce you to the rest of the Junior Detective Squad. The other members are Xavier Metcalf, Elizabeth Franklin, Robert Cranston, Betty Pate, Madison Rogers, and Eric Smith. Only 4 of us are allowed at the crime scene. Normally Elizabeth, Betty and Robert stay at the police station to help out. Another reason is because they are only 14, and you are not allowed at a crime scene until you are 15.

Now let me introduce you to the other members of the squad who are here with me at the Worthington mansion. Xavier Metcalf, he is 16 with jet black hair, he has grey eyes and is very muscular from working out and school sports. (Another note about Xavier I have a major crush on him, but he sees me only as a friend.) Oh Well, next we have Madison Rogers, she is 15 with curly brown hair, she has green eyes and she has a very cute petite figure. She is also my best friend. Finally we have Eric Smith, he is 16 with blonde hair, he has blue eyes and a body to die for! He is Xavier's best friend and Madison's boyfriend. They are the cutest couple. They have been together for around 4 years, back when Madison was in the 6th grade.

Madison and I are now Sophmores and Xavier and Eric are Juniors. One other quick note before we get back to the crime scene. School is out for the summer and summer is the only time that the Junior Detective Squad gets to work on cases. The rest of the year we normally meet once a month for special training classes. Our supervisor's are Jeff Marshall and Rebecca Amos, they are senior detectives, and they started the Junior Detective Squad two years ago.

Okay now back to the Worthington mansion. To make us look official we are each wearing Junior detective badges. Leading the way into the mansion is Jeff Marshall. Jeff is 32 and a confirmed bachelor. He is over 6 feet tall with jet black hair and piercing green eyes. He is very stunning to see especially with all those muscles. Right behind him is Rebecca Amos, she is 26 years old, she has curly red hair and bright green eyes. She has a curvey figure and is very attractive. I personally think her and Jeff would make a cute couple, but they always seem to irritate each other outside of working on cases.
Next comes me, Madison, Eric and Xavier. As soon as we are inside the mansion Jeff tells us, "Make sure that you leave everything as you find it and please do not touch anything outside of the crime scene and make sure that you are wearing your gloves." Rebecca pipes in, "We are going to leave you alone in Amber's bedroom, so that you can check out the crime scene, if you find anything or need to ask us a question we will be waiting at the end of the hallway." Slowly we trudge down the hall to Amber's bedroom. Her bedroom is on the 1st floor of the mansion. We enter her bedroom and it is like you are entering a fairy tale. Her room is decorated just like Cinderella's castle. You can tell by looking at Amber's bedroom that she is truly the princess of this castle.

Once inside we all put on our gloves and just stand around in order to get our bearings. The first rule of a good detective is know your surroundings. Once I have my bearings I drift over to Amber's bed. I slowly look the bed over to see if I feel any vibes from Amber or her kidnapper. The only vibe I feel is from Amber and I get a vision of an adorable curly headed blonde little girl with big blue eyes. The next vision I get is of a person dressed all in black with a black ski mask on, the person is holding a syringe. This leads me to believe that Amber was drugged. I slowly look around the room and notice something behind her dresser. I hurry over to her dresser and see a small piece of black material. I call the other members over and ask them if they think that this might be a clue. Xavier quickly agrees that it might be a clue and he pulls a small baggie out of his supply case and puts the piece of cloth inside. I study where the material came from and notice a minute crack in the wall. I knock on the wall and in certain areas it sounds more hollow. This excites me because I think their might be a hidden room behind her dresser and if that is the case this might be how her kidnapper got in and how they escaped. I quickly turn to the other members and say, "I think there might be a hidden room, look for a lever to open it." We all quickly begin to move things on Amber's dresser, but to no avail. I turn and study her room and notice that her bed has big shiny gold balls. I look at the balls and notice that one of balls looks duller than the rest, like someone had touched it. I turn the ball and suddenly Amber’s dresser and the wall behind it swing open. We all gasp! Madison says, "We better get Jeff and Rebecca and ask them about this." Eric says he will go get them.

Eric comes running back into the room with Jeff and Rebecca. Jeff's mouth practically drops to the floor.

He exclaims, "How, what?"
Rebecca says, "I better go get the boss, I don't think any of our guys discovered the hidden door."

Jeff recovers and adds, "I'm sorry guys but you will have to leave the scene until the techs get through with their investigation."

Jeff also adds, "Great detective work."

He and Rebecca herd us out of the room and go call their captain and explain what we had found.

Jeff drives us back to the station while Rebecca stays to guard against anyone disturbing the new evidence.

We all stay relatively quiet until we can get to the station to discuss things as a team.



More to come....
© Copyright 2007 giraffe (misspiggy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1224437-Junior-Detective-Squad