*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1224843-Caprals
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1224843
if cars were alive
Caprals
(If cars were alive)

Sandy placed the little red Capral next to her baby, Mike. It was pulsing gently, and making soft noises. Mike turned toward the Capral and grasped it with his tiny pudgy fingers. He held it close.
“Serve him well” Sandy whispered, her voice catching in her throat.

Mike gulped down his oatmeal, grabbed his backpack and dashed out of the house.
“Wait”! His older sister, Susie yelled. “Here’s Mo’s breakfast”! He didn’t turn back.
“I got it”, his voice floated back to Susie and she turned to go inside. He zoomed into the garage, breathing hard. “Here, you go, boy,” he murmured patting the Caprals hood. It stood there shiny and red, its enormous blue eyes blinking appreciatively. He carefully poured the oil into Mo’s gaping mouth. Mo rumbled happily, and opened his arms wide. Mike climbed inside and they were off to school.
The road was filled with carpals of every shape, size, color and form. Everyone was off to work or school. The air was filled with the capral’s soft murmuring to each other like tiny kittens mewing. There were no traffic lights or crashes, no disagreement or fighting. Caprals are naturally peaceful, easygoing creatures. They all lived in peace for the rest of their lives… But no, instead we have pollution spewing machines, which ruin our beautiful world. Oh well, humans will be humans.
© Copyright 2007 sprincess13 (sprincess13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1224843-Caprals