*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225087-TwilightNew-Moon-Fanfiction-Ch-1
by kori
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1225087
This is a short story continuing after Stephanie Meyer's book New Moon.
Part 1: Crossing the Line
*note: This story picks up a few months after New Moon stops. There is no prologue so far since I am trying to use Stephanie's style of writing I will re-write the climax part of the book to be vague and pull you in.


         I slept restlessly, my mind cluttered with strange dreams. Edward stood before me beckoning me to come to him. Suddenly his face flickered out of focus for an instant and I thought I saw another familiar face take his place. I stepped towards my angel, the dark abyss surrounding us having no depth, but no end. His face phased out of focus again and this time I recognized the face that replaced it. I stepped towards the inviting, outstretched arms of Jacob Black, but just as it had before the image dissipated into the impossibly beautiful and flawless features of Edward. I was close enough now that he reached forward and grabbed my hand with his marble fingers. He pulled me to his faultless, icy chest to hold me tightly against him. His cool lips pressed against my forehead, but the sensation felt extremely real.

         I willed my eyes to stay closed, for me to stay in my dreamland, but the dream faded quickly. When it was gone, I slowly opened my eyes. Edward's face was inches from mine, his eyes closed in mock sleep. The dream had not done him justice. The smell of his sweet breath kept me incoherent longer than usual.

          He had not been here when I had gone to sleep; he said he was going hunting. His eyes fluttered open when I snuggled closer to his stone chest. His eyes were the color of fresh honey this morning, the lightest I had ever seen them. He kissed my forehead and I realized he must have done the same thing while I was dreaming. When he looked into my eyes I read the expression in his face, which was etched with amusement and jealousy, if those two emotions could even coexist.

         "What is it?" I asked, afraid of the answer.

         He smiled that perfect crooked smile I loved so much and muttered into my neck, "You were talking in your sleep again."

         The blood rushed to meet my cheeks, staining them what I could only imagine was a deep crimson red. Edward inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of my rising blood.

         "What did I say?" I asked him, pouting, which was only possible because his glorious face was buried in my neck.

         "You mumbled my name a lot," he said, pulling away from my neck to gauge my reaction. I melted under his smoldering ocher eyes, forgetting my thoughts for a moment.

         When the effects subsided, I smiled at him. "Did I say anything else?" I asked him, unable to forget the pang of jealousy that had haunted his striking face.

         "You did murmur another name," he said, the jealousy making another appearance along with irritation. "If I hadn't been listening closely I would have missed it," his eyes grew distant. When he returned to a earth a couple of seconds later, he turned a cool stare to me that was meant for someone else I was sure. "I thought you were over Jacob Black?"

         I remembered the dream vaguely now, only bits and pieces still in my memory. I still wasn't sure the appearance of my once best friend had any meaning. I answered him quietly, "I am. You are my life. Can I really help what my subconscious dredges up for me to dream about?" I blushed again, remembering a few dreams with Edward in them and was suddenly relieved I was the one exception to his little gift.

         His eyes grew soft after he contemplated what I had said, and he smiled. "I understand, but I didn't miss that blush," he teased. "What was that about?" His smile turned smug, as if he already knew the reason for the color in my cheeks. He was getting good at reading my facial expressions in place of my mind.

         "Just another dream I remembered," I answered, hoping he would leave it at that.

         "And what about this other dream?"

         I sighed, no such luck with Edward. "I'm not about to share my dreams with you when you have none to share with me," I answered. I could see he wasn't going to leave this subject alone.

         "Well," he thought, "I think daydreams are still considered dreams." He was pushing.

         "You're so stubborn," I answered.

         "So are you. I won't laugh, just tell -" he stopped, his face growing serious. "Charlie's coming." He slipped into the closet in a flash, which told me he didn't intend on letting the subject drop.

         Charlie opened the door and tiptoed to my bed, but his steps were loud to me after listening to Edward's silent gait."Morning dad," I said, trying to sound as groggy as I could. I was a terrible actress.

         "Good morning Bells. I didnt' mean to wake you up, but now I don't have to leave a note," he rambled quietly. "Some of the guys are going fishing, I'm going with them now, unless you want me to stay," he said, his final word turning up to sound lik a question.

         "No dad, you go fishing. I have some essays I need to work on anyway," I lied. I had finished all my essays for college a week ago.

         "Okay," was his only reply. He leaned donw and kissed me on the forehead, something he only recently starting doing. It was probably because I had run away not once, but twice with a Cullen.

         As soon as he heard Charlie start down the stairs, Edward was beside me again. He had a smirk on his lips. Apparently, he was going to get the information he wanted one way or another. His lips brushed against the hollow below my ear and I was temporarily sent into a stupor. He didn't stop though, letting his icy lips travel along my jaw line, back and forth with a touch like butterfly wings. My eyes fluttered, my stomach knotted into an excited ball, and my heart began its familiar irregular beating.

         "You're... doing... it... again," I breathed. He didn't answer, his lips journeying farther down my neck to my exposed shoulders and collarbone. His marble hand found the small of my back and he pulled me closer to him. When my breathing started to come in tiny gasps he moved back to my jaw line, then finally ventured to my lips.

         "So what was that dream about?" he asked smugly, his lips brushing mine with each syllable.

         That's how this was going to be, he was going to resort to his other talents to get what he wanted from me, and sadly it worked. "You," I answered breathily, and he noticed by the tone of my voice what I had left unsaid.

         Even with nothing more to force out of me at the moment he took up where he left off. He was crossing his carefully marked caution line, so I didn't see why I couldn't either. My hands reached up around his neck, fingers curling into his hair. His own fingers slipped under my camisole and slid up my spine, sending dazzling chills up and down my body.

         He pulled away just enough to allow his liquid honey eyes to lock onto mine. They were full of questioning. I just nodded, knowing even without being able to read minds what he was silently asking.

         He looked around and shook his head. "Not here. I have a better place in mind," was all he said as he gathered me up into his muscular arms. We were out the window and on our way to some unknown place in mere seconds. The speed didn't bother me anymore, not since my extreme sports phase.

         In what seemed a very short time, we arrived at our destination. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked around, recognizing the familiar surroundings.

         The meadow was one of my favorite spots lately, but only when Edward was with me. I never came here alone; I just knew it would bring back horrifying memories.

         The sun had risen, fully breaching the horizon on this rare sunny day, and every exposed area of Edward's skin sparkled. I remembered the first time we had come to the meadow together. A smile lifted the corners of my mouth and I peeked up at my perfect angel. He was smiling down at me, knowing that I was pleased.

         He let me plant my feet on the ground, making sure I had my balance before he let me go. He had gotten used to the fact that I had the worst balance any human could ever have. If there was a perfectly smooth, flat, stable surface I would be the one to find the invisible crack and trip over it.

         I feared that Edward had been given too much time to think on our journey to this paradise and he had realized what he was about to do. To my surprise, however, he pulled me to him and pressed his stone lips on mine once again. His hand held me gently to his kiss while the other drifted down my side, sliding under my shirt again.

         Until now, I hadn't noticed what Edward was wearing, his muscular frame was draped with a flattering tan turtleneck, his leather jacket, and a pair of jeans. He was very casual today, or as casual as a Cullen could dress.

         I pushed his jacket off and let it drop to the ground, eager to see his skin in the sun again. I wondered if it would be as spectacular as the first time. I pulled his shirt over his head, laughing aloud at myself when I realized I wasn't tall enough to get it off entirely. I heard a low chuckle come from Edward as he awkwardly finished removing his shirt. I stared in aw at his seemingly diamond encrusted skin and became aware that he looked even more beautiful to me nw than he did that first day in the meadow. He dropped his turtleneck next to his jacket and picked up where he left off.

         My skin tingled, my blood pulsing through my veins. It was almost sad that I would have to give up this feeling when I became a vampire. I would never feel myself blush, my heart would never overreact when he touched me (actually, it would never beat), maybe he wouldn't be able to dazzle me in that oh so irritating but desirable way. In the end, though, I wouldn't regret it. If a lifetime with Edward meant giving up all that and more, I would do it.

         Edward's cool touch ripped me back to the present, as he stripped off my shirt and pulled me to him in a way that made me feel like we were one entity. In a quick, swift movement, he had me lying on the soft grass.

         From that instant on everything moved in both lightning speed and slow motion. Edward was as careful with me than ever, making everything about what I wanted. I forgot about time and space, the only things existing at that moment were Edward and I. "I love you..." I whispered, as I drifted to sleep in the meadow, Edward's jacket strung over me along with protective arms.

((The second chapter will be up soon.))
© Copyright 2007 kori (kokori141 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225087-TwilightNew-Moon-Fanfiction-Ch-1