*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225287-The-Porcelain-King
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1225287
The King's throne has busted. H.M. in the Weekly Flash Fiction Contest.
For the contest Weekly Flashfiction Contest - Prompt:Write a story in which something porcelain is broken (can be a doll, bear figurine, ballerina statue, etc....anything...)

In the land of Appliances and Fixtures, there stood a beautiful castle. One surrounded by a crystal clear moat with a friendly moat monster. The knights all wore shiny new armor and rode beautiful steeds. In this castle there lived a King who had quite a problem.

The King sobbed as he looked upon his throne. A once beautiful shining spectacle of white so bright, when the sun shone upon it one had to look away for fear of going blind. And although it was often cold when first sitting upon it, it warmed up quite quickly. And oh did it sing at times!

But right now, it was broken. Several people tried to repair it. Superglue was no help, for it wasn't cracked. The electrician couldn't help, for it had no electrical parts. The butcher, the baker, even the candlestick maker tried to fix it, but to no avail. The King pondered what he should do. He ordered in a substitute throne, but it had to stay outside, and it was dark and gloomy, and it didn’t smell quite right. It was nothing like the beautiful throne he had sat upon before.

At long last, he decided the best person to call, in order to have his throne repaired, was the plumber.

Who better to fix a porcelain throne* than a plumber?

Word Count: 223

*Porcelain throne refers to a toilet.
© Copyright 2007 Fish*sWife - I'm Baaaaack! (clairelouise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225287-The-Porcelain-King