*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225656-The-Sun-and-Its-Sadness
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1225656
Loss and how a mother deals.
         The day my son, the light of my life, left this world, was one of the most beautiful days that I have ever witnessed. The sun was high in the sky and chuckling down upon the earth with its rays of comfort. There were birds in the trees singing their lilting love songs to one another. The flowers buzzed with the life of the bees found amongst their brightness and children were tumbling and laughing among the tall grasses of the lawn.
         And in spite of the strong feeling of life and spring that was continuing on around me and without me, all I remember of that day was the cold hand I clasped in mine and the white face.
         Watching the hearse drive away with a small part of my soul encased inside it, I felt like cursing the seemingly happy world. I wanted the birds to fall out of the trees and the children to kneel and weep. I wanted the sky to bathe in dark clouds and the flowers to close up, leaving only lifeless stalks. I wanted the world to come to a grinding halt as my heart, mind and soul had.

© Copyright 2007 Serena Moone (fencing_lover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225656-The-Sun-and-Its-Sadness