*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226333-The-Courtship
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1226333
Short romantic story
A couple were lying in each others arms on a blanket beneath the stars, talking of their dreams, with a feast, already eaten, surrounding them on the shore of a lake. She had her head on his chest, his hand in her hair twirling it between his fingers, she tracing circles on his stomach with her fingertips. She looked up at him with gazing eyes, begging to be kissed, using no words at all, just her dark brown eyes, which could express more emotion then words ever would. He answered by kissing her and telling her that he loved her and held her in his embrace in a way that made her feel secure and safe and that the only thing she needed in the world was him.

As the moon and stars danced across the lake, they danced on top of the clouds among the stars, sharing each other only with the night that surrounded them. His hands caressed every curve of her body with a gentleness that suggested all the thoughts in his head. She, following his hands with her own, kissed him with a passion that assented all of his suggestions.

All of a sudden, he grabbed her hands and started to dance, spinning and waltzing around the trees, looking longingly into each other's eyes, to a tune only the two of them could hear.

As the song came to an end, he dipped her and their eyes met for the last time. He leaned in for a kiss. As she prepared to kiss him, he faded away like a dream, leaving her behind to realize she was in the middle of English class listening to her teacher tell her "precious babies" that they needed to know what verbals are.
© Copyright 2007 Erin Aplin (iluvjerry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226333-The-Courtship