*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226570-A-New-Dawn
by L.A
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1226570
This stroy is about a family of misfits and 2 people that come toghter after there past
                                        A New Dawn

    It was the time before time was counted. It was the time when super-natural beings, we now consider mythical, ruled the earth with complete and utter control. The land was violent and brutal and in constant turmoil. Massive tremors reshaped the surface shook ever living creature.  Something was different about today. Today the air tingled with expectancy and it would mark the beginning of a new era in history.

      A family of rag-tag misfits was sitting down for there morning meal. There was an elder dwarf, he was an extravagant cook. The dwarf was named Dusty. He had the wisdom of thousand years etched into the lines on his weather beaten face. His long forehead was set with deep wrinkles.  His skin was tan form many years in the sun and wind. His body was bent with the burden of the many years that he had lived through. His long silver beard drooped to his knees. His kind heart shined through his piercing eyes and revealed his soul through his crooked smile.

  The second member of this family was a druid. Marks was his name and he was not like any other druid.  His kind heart and generous spirit was often demonstrated to those he cared for. He adorned himself with many layers of cloaks as if to hide himself and his mysterious past from the world. No one had ever seen his face and no one knows were he come from.

  Lakira was was a young maiden. She was a free spirited elf, small in stature but large in personality.  Her long flowing golden hair was always crowned with a tierra made of flowers. She had a deep green eyes that resembles the leafs of trees. She never met a stranger and always saw the good in those around her. Her eyes would glow a soft green on nights of the full moon.

  There was a mischievous character. No one really could say they knew him. His name was Leon and he was a shape-shifter. He remained a mystery to them all. He was pale as the moon was white. He was tall and slender with hair that was jet black just like the ravens feathers. His eyes could peer into your heart and soul. He walked with silent foot steps. One would never know, when he was behind them, if he were watching over you or waiting to murder you.

  They lived in a dangerous place full of evil beings capable of slaughtering them all at any time, yet they lived quietly and unafraid. There nomadic life style had then wandering from one camp to another, always moving and never leaving behind any trace of their existence.

         “Dusty what are we having for breakfast today” said, Marks
         “We are having bread, same as every day with fresh spring water and a wood pigeon,” said Dust.
         “Well that sounds good,hopefully we won't have to wait 2000 years to get it!" said Leon.
         The entire camp laughed.  Dusty's talent for cooking and perfectionism usually caused many a late meal.
         “Well sorry, Your next meal will be raw.  Is that better for you?“ said Dusty.
         “That is perfect.  At least I wont die from starvation!” said Leon.
         Dusty laughed at Leon’s way of teasing. This close nit family would die for each other.
         About and hour later Marks says          “That was good.”
         “Yea, Mr. Dusty you did a great job with the meal,“ said Lakira.
                “Your really out did your self there,” said Leon.
         “Thank you all.  I knew you would like it." said Dusty
         “Ok every one we get it.  Dusty is a good cook.  Now, unless you want to get eaten by some beast for their breakfast, I humbly suggest we move out.” said Marks in a joking way.
         It took little under 10 minutes for them to break down the camp and then the set off. Unnoticed by everyone, Leon slipped off on his own into the woods. He was scoping out the area because he heard a twig break far off in the distane.  His  ability to shape- shift was only out done by his extraordinary ability to hear, smell, and see better than any one else.  All these abilities made him able to track and fight.  The group back at the camp hears a bone chilling, blood curdling scream come from a far off place in the  woods. The group races head towards the screams.
         ”Where is Leon?” said Marks
         “He must have slipped off alone when were breaking camp”,said Dusty
         “He wouldn’t have gotten himself killed would he?“ said Marks
         “Leon, the old devil, wouldn’t get killed as likely as he has proably killed something.“ said Dusty.

  The group of friends came upon a bloody sight.  Bodies lying everywhere and menacing laughter jaring the early morning air. They tried to locate the source but none was found.  It was though the air itself was creating the sound.  The laughter grew louder with each passing second. Finally, Marks noticed that Leon was in the tree laughing madly with blood all over him. They looked down and saw rips and tears in the flesh of the mangled bodies.
         “What happened?” said Dusty.
         “A troop of oraks came through here and there was a mage with them. They where heading towards the coast.” said Leon
         "I think we should head towards the coast to see what they were after” said Marks.
  “Right, you don’t know any misfortune to befall creatures in their wake.” said Dusty.
  “Good, I might get to cause more pain and kill some more.” said Leon.
    So they set off into the woods leading to the coast. When they reached the coast what they saw an amazing sight.  Many of the oraks maybe 300 400 lay dead on the beach. Some of the dead were burnt to a crisp the smell of burned flesh was hung like a thick smoke over the beach. Others were drowned in the ocean. Others were buried up to there neck in the sand. Many were hard as a rock with some liquid metal on them and some were falling from the sky.
  “Watch out!” said Dusty.  A bloody hand landed beside Marks.
    There was a beautiful girl laying on the ground, her skin was pale and her long brown hair tangled about her waist.  A wolf emblem on her cloak appeared to be a clue of her orgin.  Her blueish- green eyes gave the illusion of a pure soul.  She was the perfect image of an angel. Marks walked slowly to her side. He brushed her hair away from her bruised face.
    “We have got to help her.” his voice was shaky and un-naturral sounding.
    Dusty glanced at him with a quizzical expression and whispered in his ear.
"I think you found a girl you like for once."  Marks shot Dusty an evil look and quickly silenced the old dwarf. Dusty looked up with a hurt expression in his piercing eyes and he remained silent for the rest of the day. The misfits set-up camp on the cove next to the beach.  The fire was lit and Leon sighed heavily,  "Why couldn’t she have saved us some oraks."
                "Is that all you think aobut is killing things?" Dusty said softly not looking at his friend.
         “You had your fun with the others didn’t you?" said Marks.
Just then a loud moan arouse from the camp it startled everyone.  They turned and looked as the girl was talking to herself.
         "I saved us back there!"
         "Yea, but you killed a lot of creatures."
         "It was kill of get killed"
         "True we need to wake up."
         "Right but you drained us of our energy."
         "Sleep for now and wake in the morning"

  She was battered and cut and had many bruises on her body.  Marks, being the closet one to a healer, inspected the wounds and treated her with his magic.
          “She has a warrior sprit.” said Dusty
          “We should help the girl, her soul is good.” said Lakira.
            "I agree.  What harm could she be and she might be able to help us.” said Marks.  There was something in his voice that gave the group confidence in his words.
         “I don’t trust her because with that power she might be able to kill us all by accident”, said Leon.
         “He has a point there,“ said Dusty.
         “Yea, but we helped the people that are against the oraks and evil, right” said Marks.
  These words perplexed Dusty.  His forehead crinlked as he spoke, “Yes I agree but this is dangerous.”
  “But who said we are against evil and help the people that need it” said Marks
  “Arggggggggg you just have to bring that up.” said Dusty.
  “Yes because I am right.“ said Marks.
  “Fine.  We can bring her along.” said Dusty.
  “Now that you two are done arguing, have you noticed the winds have picked up and there is a storm coming.” said Leon.  This news shocked Marks and Dusty.
  "Leon scout ahead. Marks me and Lakira will pack up and head toward the mountains we should be safe there.” said Dusty.
         In a blink of the eye, Leon left the ground and took the form of a raven. He soared high in the sky till he was no longer able to be seen. Then he glided on the warm air streams and looked down.  What he saw chilled him to the core. 6000 oraks, mages, and werewolves were camped around them. He quickly closed his wings and shot downward like a arrow from a bow. He landed gracefully beside Marks.
         “What did you see?“ said Dusty.
“I………I…….I saw 6000 evil beings in a ring around us.  We got maybe ½ a krolarg on them.  If we leave now we might get to the caves in time.” said Leon breathlessly.
         They set off on foot.  Dusty and Marks carried the girl on a slotch.  This slowed there pace dramaticly.  It took 2 hours to reach the caves. As the last member of the party stped foot into the cave the storm broke.  It was worse than they had imagined it would be.  The wild winds blew giant waves of the ocean onto the shore tearing anything they hit to shreds.  The rain came down in hard straight sheets.  It became more and more heavy until small rivers ran into the cave entrance.  At the height of the storm the girl awoke and stared at Marks.
         “Were are we” said the girl
         “You are with friends,” said Marks in a shy way.
         “Only if you consider a mad shape-shifter, a elf child, an old dwarf, and a druid friends.” said Leon softly.  She giggled and said, "Who might you be?"
         “I am your worse nightmare or our best friend depending on if I like you,” said Leon.
    "Who is this nice gentlemen crating me with the cloak on name said the girl
“I am Marks at your surface madam who might u is” said Marks
“My name is marinea”
The rest of the trip was in silence to the cave when they reached there Marks immediately took marinea off to the side and talked to her
         “I am sorry but I couldn’t help notice all the damage u did to the oraks what are u” said Marks in a shy manner
         “I am a elemental” said marinea
         “Oh that explains it “said Marks
         “So y is your face covered I want to see your face” said marinea she reached for the scarf and gently tugged but Marks stopped her
         “What is wrong she said in a quizzical manner?”
         “Sorry it is just no one has ever saw beneath the cloaks I wear” said Marks
         “Oh I am sorry there are no need for apologize if u truly want to see I will show you” said Marks
She slowly reached for is cloak and he grabbed her hand and said the only reason I will is allow u is because u are beautiful she blushed and continued she slowly removed the scarf to reveal a scar running from his  cheek to his chin.
She gasped. I didn’t know and stated to apologize but he put his figure to her lips and kissed her saying it is ok it happened after u left.
Oh I am so so sorry
Don’t worry yourself about it
I will never leave u again but how did it happen
I got in a fight with a guy over u
I won but he caught me with his sword right there
But now u are back and nothing has changed I still love u
And I love u to
Just then a loud crash was heard from the wall of the cave the hoard had reached them ahead of what they thought, Leon turned into a eagle and clenched some of them with his talons soared high in the slay and release them the went tumbling down not only did they get killed but they killed some of the others they were with dusty reached for his ax and stated slashing away as many as they cloud the cave entrance only held 2 at a time which was a good thing for are friends but it was a bad thing because they tired easy. Marks raced for the front and spoke some strange language “kerike nos akena” then several of the mages died instantly
         “Were is Leon” said Dusty
         “I don’t know but he better hurry back” said Marks
Move u two move for a second and jus then a huge wave went crashing thro the cave and killed 100 in one strike this made the oraks more pensive about trying to fight suddenly a huge bolder came from no were and crashed thro the front ranks then u see a huge bird come flying thro before he can make it to the cave entrance he is struck in the back by 3 arrows blood started dripping from the arrows and the bird fell to the ground and shifted back to Leon a roar came from Marks and a huge spell that wiped out 3000 of them and he passed out.
  Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cried lakira and she stated to glow she rose in the air and light stated emanating from her she hot beams of light out killing every one in its path move back to the far side of the cave marinea give us cover so Dusty grabbed Leon and Marks and moved to the back of the cave and marinea shot a burst of wind and knocked the oraks back then a huge tornado and wiped out the rest there were shrieks and screams coming from out side as the tornado passed a the howl of the wind became unbearable and every one passed out 30 minutes later every one woke up and said what happened were are they walked out side and there was a huge pass that cut out every were there were bodies every were mangled and impaled by trees
         “It is over” said Dusty
         “Yes it is and it is beautiful” said marina
         Marks raised weakly and called marinea to his side and said help me walk to Leon I can heal him so they walked over to were Leon lay limply Marks stretched out his hand and his figures glowed he drove them into Leon  then he wrenched the arrows out of him and he woke up
         “Thos crowed shot me in the back” said Leon
They all laughed at this then marinea kissed Marks on the lips and said I am sorry for leaving it is just my father needed my help and I was on my way back when the oraks caught me
         “I know” said Marks
Then marinea stated to cry and put her head on Marks’s chest he held her there for as long as he cloud then said we get to town and I find a smith will u marry me she answered yes









                                       This account was written by Kirea marinea merknes
                                                 Daughter of Marks and Marinea 
                                                           On April 22nd 1566b.c   
© Copyright 2007 L.A (la_macy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226570-A-New-Dawn