*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227808-The-Rose
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1227808
Our parents gift to us and that of Jesus explained through the colors of the rose.
Have you ever watched a rose grow?  It starts off as nothing more than a bud on a stem.  Tiny, green, unattractive, not at all pleasing and hurtful to the touch there is something about it, possibly something about what we know it will become.  Though it hasn’t much to offer us at this stage, soon the fragrant, soft petals will unfold from within their protective sheath revealing a beauty only God could have created. 

And if you have ever watched a garden where a multitude of roses grow, yellow, red and even white, if you look closely you will notice roses with blended colors.  It may be a simple streak of red or pink on a white rose or on the rare occasion a rose with one or two petals of different colors, it can be compared to the role of a parent in a child’s life.  They are there to offer guidance, support and love, but the most important one is love just as the Bible tells us.  Our parents leave little parts of themselves in us, and when they leave this earth those are the pieces we hold dear to us. 

Each of you carries with you a quality, a characteristic or a trait of your mother.  These are not things that will tarnish or fade with time, but they will keep her in your hearts, your minds and your memories always, but more so these things are a part of who you are and who you became when your mother’s color melded with yours.

Ethel, you are a person of courage and strength, evident to those around you.  You embody unity and generosity through your generosity towards others.  You have traversed many valleys and have many times had to ask, “ Where are you Lord in the sadness? Where are you when I feel so alone?  Father God please carry me on your shoulders please take me through the valley to the other side.”  And he has, taken you through many valleys just as he will carry you through this, and has carried your mother through her life.  So to you Ethel [I present] a red rose, the meaning of which is fitting to you.  The red rose stands for love, immeasurable inspiration, and for many years has come to symbolize beauty.  It is an expression of deep feelings; such as those you exhibit in your giving and loving spirit.

Albert, the white rose symbolizes innocence and purity.  They are often associated with new beginnings.  Next to your relationship with God, your family is the most important thing to you and you will be surrounded by good friends and family through this journey. “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17. As a minister, you know that death is not the end of life, but rather a new beginning.  And you will honor her life here and embody her virtues through yours.

Sheila you have always been a free spirited and kind soul, eager to fly away from home and yet tied to home by love.  The yellow rose evokes feelings of warmth, happiness, joy and friendship.  You are a constant sign of warmth and light with many positive qualities visible to all around you.  You embody love just as your mother did.  You will, as you always have, find the ray of sunshine to grab hold of even in the darker times.  And you will take solace in the freedom your mother now has, something you have always wanted, the ability to spread your wings and fly.   

Take these roses in remembrance and in celebration of your mother’s life and her death, let them serve as a reminder of her love and of the gracious gift God gave to you.  And as roses meld together, often the colors fade and become intertwined, a part of each other much in the way a family does.  Now your mother can be found in all around you because her spirit dwells with the Lord and His Spirit is everywhere you look.  Take solace in the fact that she is now in ever tree, every bird, every blade of grass, and yes in every rose.
© Copyright 2007 writer of dreams (karrie1908 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227808-The-Rose