*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227838-A-degree-yes-but-experience-too
Rated: E · Editorial · Educational · #1227838
Students need to know that experience is just as important as a college degree.
Throughtout the childhood years of current college students they were told, "if you want to be anything, go to college", "you can do anything once you got to college", as well as other claims of college leading to that "dream job". However, while getting into a university or college is a major step towards a brighter future, easy success in finding the job of your choice or a job at all right out of college is slim for most students. Just having the degree is no longer impressive on its own. Students need to realize and understand that being involved on campus in career related activites is a part of the "wow - factor" for future employers. Gaining experience and enhancing the knowledge learned in the classrooms is what will increase ones likelihood of being hired.
With more students enrolling in college, competition is rising between graduating seniors entering the workforce. To be one step forward, students need to enhance their resumes with extracurricular activites, internships, and job-related experience.
Only having a degree as evidence of attending college, is no longer enough. Life experience is a must!
© Copyright 2007 Alexis Bacon (avbacon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227838-A-degree-yes-but-experience-too