*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1228524-Wednesday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Pammie
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Teen · #1228524
Teenage boy's thoughts on days of the week.
Wednesday

Wednesday. I think this is my favourite day of the week. It is sort of like the nobody gives a shit about me day. Stuck in the middle of the week where no one even notices it. Who cares about boring old Wednesday? You never hear anyone say “I can’t wait ‘til Wednesday.” “Yeah it’s Wednesday tomorrow.” I don’t think so! Most people get excited about other days of the week. “Thank crunchie it’s Friday.” Stupidest statement in the world if you ask me. It’s just another day. So what if the next day is Saturday and you and all your stupid pals, who are just as stupid as you, go off and do all your stupid things. If you ask me Friday and Saturday are just an excuse for nosey bastards asking you stupid nosey bastard questions like “what you up to at the weekend?” “going out on Saturday?” Like they care. Like they don’t just want you to ask them what they are doing so they can brag about some stupid football game or some stupid girl with blonde hair who probably doesn’t know what bloody day of the week it is anyway. Then there’s Monday. What’s the big deal about the beginning of the week. Whoop di doo!!! Another 7 days of people trying to interfere, rules, teachers trying to tell you what to do, when to do it and asking lots of questions when you don’t. Why do they bother? Why can’t they just leave you alone? Wednesdays just kinda leave me alone, I think that’s why I like them the best. I don’t expect anything from them and they don’t expect anything from me. Christ I love Wednesdays.
© Copyright 2007 Pammie (pammie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1228524-Wednesday