*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1229124-Angel-And-Anger-Speech
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Other · #1229124
I wrote this speech/essay about a year back. :)
Anger
&
Angel
How can two words look so alike and mean and are worth complete opposite of each other?
Ill tell you how...
Human kind- A species devoted to religion, war, money, and personal self-worth and gain.
Thats how. Our world is so ruined and so (for lack of a better word) corrupt, one mans word is no longer accepted as payment, religion has become a label to get people to notice you or accept you, and war is used to constitute and promote world peace.
I want to go back to a time when men open doors for women, where a man could trust another man without fear of being stabbed in the back. We see this in the past, but not any more.
Now, what is this called you ask? What is this world lacking? Pride, Tradition, and Honor. The world today is too selfish and brainwashed that they dont notice this is happening. But it is... Our world today is being torn apart at the seams because of things like rising crime rates, rising killings, and rising pollution. And on a higher level, the rise of the selfinduced need to gain mass amounts of money or power, then have the audacity to be willing to do anything to keep it, no matter what it costs THEN CONTRIBUTES TO OUR DAMNATION..
So I urge you, as americans, as humans, help me correct this problem, to help this world, that was once and is still a work of art and beauty, become what it once was.
So, the next time you let your girlfriend open the door for you, the next time you see someone stealing, the next time you feel you have to do anything to fit into society, think of this, think of more important things, think like a human, think of the impact this letter has on you. And remember this quote from a wise man, "Let not your words determine who you are, let your actions do the talking for you."
Some say the past is the past, I say we can learn from it.
© Copyright 2007 CrowTheWhite (shortypants16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1229124-Angel-And-Anger-Speech