*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1229404-The-Theory-of-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Writing · #1229404
Thoughts on Love.
What is love?

I've heard this question asked in different languages, contexts, moods...I've heard it queried about in offices, schools, restaurants, and in the maze of reality television and sitcoms that we view as cultural crutches.It seems that for all of our questioning, we have only a few answers to this question, all of which are controversial, but true in nature to those who put them forth.
The first theory of love is that it is a sweet tempered, loving creature whose innate sense of purpose far overshadows the wrong doings it may commit. By using one's heart, it is possible to feel love in the truest of forms, pure and unadulterated, or so some will claim. However, the heart is merely a muscle capable of pumping blood, not emotion, throughout the body, and some would argue that it is the brain that must control our impulses.
The brain is a powerful, neurotic tool. We have waged wars, forged friendships and created weapons of desecration and destruction with a mass of matter that weighs 3 pounds on average. The brain can also be used to see beauty, write poetry and stories, remember important events, and believe it or not, be in love. Now, some may say that the brain, being somewhat rational in nature, is not qualified to gauge love, because love is without rationale. True, however, love is a process that if not thought through efficiently, can prove to be quite a disturbing event.
All in all, love is not kind. Love is not patient, nor is it understanding. Love is a full-time job with screaming, naked children running between your feet as you try to prepare a dinner fit for the king or queen of your household. Love is the disease that one suffers from, also called "heart ache", which can cause an intelligent, mentally sound individual to become insane. Love is all these things; occasionally, it can be admitted, love can be pleasant, but carnal pleasures pale in comparison to correctly choosing someone to spend the rest of one's years with. What a silly thing, love. What a silly thing indeed.
© Copyright 2007 Secrecy (maytrixink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1229404-The-Theory-of-Love