*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1229729-Nightmare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Luna
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1229729
She was standing in a dark basement type surgical room...
  She didn't know how she got here, but she was in a dark room that looks like it underground. The walls had something dripping off of it, but she couldn't tell what it was. There were knives and other equipment that looks as if it belonged in a mad scientist/disecting lab. There was a musty smell in the air, that seemed to be coming out of the containers around the room holding contints unknown.
    She wasn't alone, because from the corner of her eye she saw two other figures, both guys around her age. They looked at each other, horror struck, because they had just heard something from the other room beyond the stone archway. Slowly a creature stepped out of the darkness that was the other room, and they saw it clearly. She thought it looked like the creature from the Jeeper Creeper movies she's watched, but at the same time it reminded her of something else, she just couldn't put her finger on it.
    As the creature walked towards them, her and the two boys ran as quickly as possible to the door at the other side of the room. The redhead was in front of her, but the other boy wasn't seen. As they burst out of the room and turned into the hall, they saw several old wooden staircases, they were dusty and they creeked when they started up the stairs. They were almost to the top when they heard a blood freezing scream, the girl stopped and looked behind her. With a sickening feeling she didn't see the other boy running up behind them. She turned as if to go down the stairs, but the redhead in front of her grabbed her and forced her up the remaining stairs.
    When they reached the top of the stairs she saw they were in a small house, and they ran quickly to the open door and found them selves on a cobblestone streets and people walking past looking at them as if they were carriers of a sickness. They turned left and began running, screaming about what had just happened but nobody would listen. They turned left again and were then facing an old wooden door, it creeked open and before they knew what happened they were back in the basement like they never left. The creature started for them again with what looked like mishapened knives. She tried to scream but she couldn't, she knew he was about to make a slash down the middle of her chest but she couldn't move...
  Diandra sat bolt upright in bed, panting for breathe and sweating. She threw her sheet off from around her legs and tried to beathe evenly. Out her bedroom window she heard the gusts of wind and the distant howl of a dog. She looked at her alarm clock and she saw it read 1:03 a.m. She sighed, and resigned to lay back down and she was just entering a pleasent state of sleep when she heard a scream in the night...
© Copyright 2007 Luna (lunaraven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1229729-Nightmare