*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1231016-Sonora-Sunset
Rated: E · Prose · Nature · #1231016
I reflect on a sunset at Coronado National Forest near Tucson Arizona.
God lays his orange quilt of emotion over top the distant protruding mountains to let his presence be known in the earth here below. The quilt glows with patches of orange strewn together with the red and pink florescent cover. O let the quilt fall down on the quaint mexican villages afar near Nogales. Let God sing the desert hymn and entrap us. The sun sets as a promise for tomorrow and the quilt covers up the past, letting our memories sleep in the eternal darkness. My soul feels free as from here I can see the beautiful desert and all her colors below. Saguaros stand as monuments of time, beholders of the beauty countless days, yet unmoved. It seems as though the clouds unfold if only to give me a glimpse of heaven, yet meticulously place strings to offer a brighter glow in this beauty. I can rest peaceful here, under God's great desert sky. I can see the world, see heaven, and how they meet in the middle somewhere around the distant peaks. This is my gift I will cherish, hold, and paint on the canvas in my mind to never forget. O Sonora what a beautiful piece of sand. The valley below clinging to the feet of the mountains. The cowboys that have passed on their horses under this sky, only the stories that could be told. The sun slowly falls behind the peaks and leaves me with the cool dry desert wind blowing in my face. Now this beauty falls asleep and prepares for a wild free night as the creatures mingle under the moon.
© Copyright 2007 straitfn79 (straitfn79 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1231016-Sonora-Sunset