*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1231644-Chase-and-Conquer
Rated: 13+ · Other · Opinion · #1231644
Opinion on a relationship issue
Many love the chase, I suppose...that adrenaline surge that rushes through one as they pursue a date or a mate. And then there is the newness of love and lust, that can't-get-enough-of-each-other phase at the beginning of a relationship. It's like a constant walking on air high, and it is bliss.

But for some, is that all there is....the chase and conquer? Once the newness wears off, once the game is in the bag, do they become complacent? Do they assume too much? Are they taking love and their partner....gasp....for granted???

Be still my heart, and I hope not. Big mistake. Big! NO ONE enjoys being taken for granted, but some put up with it for a seeemingly interminable amount of time. They nag or plead or bargain or cajole or remake themselves or throw out alternatives and "or else's" right and left.

Some people actually do not realize that they are taking another for granted, and that it hurts that person. If you point it out to them, they take an honest look at the whole thing and love you enough to make you a major priority.

Some others never get it. They assume you'll always be there, however low on the list you've become, and however long it takes them to get to you now and then. But be aware that even the most patient among us DO have a line that no other dare cross. We WILL eventually walk away from you....for keeps.

So, if when the honeymoon is over, and yes it must end eventually, as no one could live through the dire intensity of new love forever, the honeymoon phase must be replaced. Hopefully the raging fire will still blaze as warm coals with routine flares that keep love and passion alive. Hopefully, you'll have things in common to enjoy, things you both love to discuss, respect that overcomes familiarity.

I wish it for you all, and I wish it for me.

© Copyright 2007 PeacefulWmn9 (peacefulwmn9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1231644-Chase-and-Conquer