*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232157-The-Teas-Family
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1232157
About a disreving family
In the most super sized renovation ever, the design team will not only rebuild the Teas’ home, but will take on the challenge of making over the other parts of Camp Barnabas -- they promised to finish the camp in just seven days -- making this the most “extreme” makeover up to date!
In 1995 the Teas turned their dream into a reality when they purchased a 60 year old run down camp. Piece by piece, they updated it, making it accessible to children with disabilities. The Teas left their jobs, emptied their savings and retirement accounts and went with out a pay check for 3 years. All to start Camp Barnabas in Purdy, MO. Their camp is now thriving, but Paul and Cyndy’s house is not.
With all the new facilities that have been added to maximize the campers’ experience, there is only one building left needing repairs: an A-framed house that founders Paul and Cyndy Teas live in. They cannot justify spending money on their own home or themselves because that would mean not being able to help another child go to camp. Their own children, who are putting themselves through collage, don’t even have a place to sleep while their home. Lack of volunteer camp counselor housing has led people to help around the disabled.
They let people who are disabled feel “normal” for one week. Every summer 1,000 kids pass through its gates and are able to enjoy the simple things most of us take for granted, such as canoeing, swimming, hiking, horseback riding, archery, rock climbing and more.
© Copyright 2007 Jackie Maracle (imamaracle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232157-The-Teas-Family