*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232833-The-Peacemaker-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Drama · #1232833
This is the prologue, to my Sci Fi Drama. The Peacemaker
                Peacemaker; that is both my name and my duty; my life's work.  Not just mine, but the duty of all Peacemakers.  It is not easily explained without going into specifics. Lalmar, our planet has just recently been invited to join the League of Planets that includes the planets Kirmir of the Kirmi and Earth of the Humans. Some of the other worlds may think that is strange for us to just join now, for it was nearly three millienia ago that our world was colonized by both Humans and Kirmi. To we Lalma, it is not strange; it has been, well, turbulent.

         For three millienia ago, though most of the history of that time is lost, we know three things for certain. First, both races landed and colonized Lalmar.  Second, they met and there was cultural shock. Third, one race conquered and enslaved the other. No one knows who did. Just that since then, once a centaury the enslaved race got angry, fought and broke free, and the roles switched.

         During the time of my story; the Kirmi were the enslaved race, but had just recently broken free. As usual, this time between the switching of the roles, was as I said before turbulent. Turbulent is actually an understatement.  Members of both races were constantly terrorizing each other, and threatening each other's lives.  They broke into each others' homes, set buildings on fire, killed pets and work animals - it was pure chaos, anarchy like you wouldn't believe.  A person wasn't safe in their own home.

         One man had the courage to change the world, and because he had it, we are no longer Kirmi and Human, but Lalma.  We are at peace and all are equal.  There is hope for all, though there are still times when racism breaks out, but it stopped before it can spread. The man who brought this about, was the first Peacemaker, and today's Peacemakers follow his ways.  The first Peacemaker, had no memory of his past, until the day he died. Thus the memories of current Peacemakers are removed until their retirement.  He was also a Hybrid, half Kirmi, half Human, and thus most Peacemakers are Hybrids.  This is the story of  Peacemaker the First, also known as Jonovan.
© Copyright 2007 Dark Knight (darkknightess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232833-The-Peacemaker-Prologue