*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1233101-Deny-Me-Not-What-Is-Beautiful
Rated: 13+ · Other · Relationship · #1233101
The love a demon has for a human is a fragile feeling, but not always a mutual one.
Notes: READ OR YOU MAY BE CONFUSED! The names are Japanese, as is the suffix “san.” In the Japanese language a person’s last name is stated before their first name, same here. Their names here, read first and then last are Aki Takenshi, Seiko (I couldn’t decide on his last name so it isn’t mentioned!) And Ryo Inoue! This is a very short story and isn’t all that developed, tell me if you want me to rewrite it with more description, thank you! Seiko is a demon in love with Aki, who is a human.

He didn’t sleep at night, and so that’s when he watched her, that’s when he thought about her, because he wanted no one and nothing more than her. Her pale skin, her soft voice, her compassion, he wanted it to be his, forever, though he barely knew her, she wasn’t the only one that watched someone special to her. Seiko could do that too, and he could envy Inoue Ryo because he could have her attention without even wanting it, when he, a powerful demon ruler of a spirit world nation, and he could long to touch her until the lust became overbearing enough to nearly drive him insane.

She was so beautiful, and he longed to have such beauty in his life, but for now, he could only long to hear her voice, and reach out to touch what is to been seen but never held because of childish fears. He often wondered what happened to make him so afraid of rejection, he knew no boundaries until he fell in love with her, then he made limits, lines for himself that he refused to cross. Lines that kept him boxed into his own little world, forcing himself to watch her from the inside, envying her beauty and her privileges, she got to leave amongst all that was beautiful, she could touch and do no harm. She could feel and bring no suffering, she could be, exist, and not be a menace to society. She had everything, but he found as he watched her that she didn’t want all of that, or rather, she took it for granted.

All she wanted was Inoue Ryo, a man he would never be, though he wanted to so badly when he realized he meant so much to her. He was twice as strong as Ryo physically, but emotionally he was unstable, and he knew it, mentally, he had too many insecurities for anyone to accept. Because he’s not as strong as everyone may think, and because what goes on inside his head isn’t as simple as everyone thinks, he stays inside his little box, and never breaks away from routine. Never realizing that maybe this was all Aki ever wanted.

One night though, when all were sleeping and the tranquil darkness had settled in throughout Osaka, he could stand it no longer. And so he went down closer to her, finally breaking free of the chains that bound him to his fears, and touched her petite face, she stirred but didn’t wake. He slowly slipped in bed beside her, knowing all the while it was the wrong thing to do, he wrapped his arms around her and took in the surreality or it all. He froze as her eyes opened and he found himself gazing into dreamy pools of amethyst, his breathing stopped completely, and he could do nothing but lay there and stare as if in a trance. That is until her soft sweet voice allowed him to breathe easily again as it comforted him in his desperate time of need.

“I know you’ve been watching me, Seiko san, I was hoping some day soon you’d come to realize I didn’t really want him, Ryo.” She said to him softly as she wrapped her frail arms around his strong and built body.

“I’ll stay with you if that is what you want.” He said to her in a state of bliss, in a state he’d never before experienced or even dreamed of.

“I don’t think you could ever know how much I want this.” She replied, and with that she closed her eyes and ruffled his hair with her long delicate fingers.

“Oh, I think I have an idea.” Takenshi san.” He whispered back, and with that all was quiet and Seiko was finally able to get his hands on something beautiful.
© Copyright 2007 AmongstTheShadows (lizzyb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1233101-Deny-Me-Not-What-Is-Beautiful