*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234263-The-Emotion-Factor-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1234263
The prologue of my story, The Emotion Factor.

PROLOGUE




In the beginnings of the universe, the Planet Sarmaze was created through the will of the creators.
Using mysterious powers called “Spirits”, they created what was needed for life.
They crafted the core of the planet through earth and fire.
They wielded water in order to carve out the planet’s rivers and oceans.
They wielded wind in order to spread the seeds of life over the land.
After their task was completed, the creators slept from their work and vanished from existence.



Life formed and evolved over the eons.
From big to small, tame to fierce, they roamed the land.
One species of notice were the mighty dragons.



Dragons ruled the land more fiercely than the other species of life.
They conquered the lands, skies, and oceans for many millennia.
They were left unchallenged as they ravaged the lands.
But suddenly, they vanished, leaving the spot open for a new ruler.



That new ruler was man.



Not armed with the powers of other animals, they used tools, cunning, and cooperation to rise to dominancy.
As they rose, they build communities, kingdoms, and law.
But soon, this power turned to conflict.


Several tribes learned how to harness the power of the Creators and decided to establish themselves above those not fortunate with these talents. Each one was able to master a specific element; Fire, Earth, Water, Wind, Ice, Lightning, Light, and Shadows.

Using these powers, they caused wars among the other tribes and the unfortunate.
For each corresponding element, they knew how to get the most out of their powers through research and experimentation.


But then, eventually, their power got out of control, and their society fell as a whole—as well as the knowledge of the mystical power they wielded.



The stories of magical powers and mystical dragons have been lost as the humans that were left to rule entered a new age: the age of smelting.


However, history seems to repeat itself once again.


Wars would spur through rivaling countries for various reasons.
Some were miniscule; others devastating.
Some lasted days; others years.
Whether it was some curse placed on them or not, the cycle continued.



And still does today.

© Copyright 2007 StubbornSoul (stubbornsoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234263-The-Emotion-Factor-Prologue