*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235490-She
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1235490
Should I love you?
I entered into my bathroom washing my thick black hair with the running water. I could never forget how perfect he was. The first I ever met, I ever set, and I will ever have. "You're mine" I thought, I wishpered, I said to myself. I was so in love with him. He turned out to be the debate captain of his school and his name is Pete. I would give up everything I have just to make him mine. No wonder they say that love is blind. I am blinded by his face, and just everything about him. I had never been head over heels over someone before. Even my defeat to him was a victory to me, he shook my hands when both teams crossed the house. I felt his hands in mine. Chemistry, was all I could described.
I had everything, from money to my basic needs such as pads. My parents were bosses of their own companies and I was the only child. Blessed by this advantage, I was showered with aplenty of love and concern. I was never short of that. I could even ask for the moon in the sky. With my parents everything was possible in this entire world. Despite having all the money in the world, my mother prefers not to have any maid in the house. She prefers doing everything on her own and dislikes the presence of any outsider.
The Monday Dinner Bell rang at eight, a little too late. We often have our dinner at seven thirty. The half an hour delay calls for a little brawl between my parents later at the dining table. I froze at my bed when I saw the time. I am not prepared for the next little brawl my parents would offer. I never like televsion, needles to say such "free shows" demands little for me.
I hurried myself pass through the staircase landing to the dining room. I saw my mother dishing out Dad's favourite Honey Baked Chicken. "So that was the delay," I thought. The only exception of any little brawl.
"So how was the competition today?" Mum asked as she sliced the Chicken serving it to dad.
"Well, I lost the last round" I replied with a smile, the memories of Pete flowed back like a tsunami.
"You lost a debate round of a competition for the first time in your five years of experience? You have never even lost once in your practises, lest competitions." My dad mentioned as he stuff some honey baked chicken into his mouth.
"Anyway, we only missed by a marginal score"
"Whatever, anyway dear please tell our daughter-" Mum said loudly.
My dad winked his eye.
"No, you do it."
"No, you."
"No, no, no. You do it."
"Hell no, you suggested the idea"
As I watched my parents arguing, I dazed into dream land. I saw myself running through grasses with Pete. I wished that was eternity. Forever we'll be together. But suddenly, like a bubble that has been popped, my dad snapped his fingers onto my face.
"Hey! Are you listening?" Eating his mashed potatoes while questioning me.
I nodded my head. I rememebered not listening to what my parents were saying and I had to write a ten thousand word essay for it. I was worried that history will repeat itself.
"So, you mean you agree?" My mother asked happily.
I nodded again.
"Whoa! That was easy! I thought you would have any questions or disagreements to it. That is good. Well, we shall meet the Jacksons next weekend for dinner then." Father continued.
My mouth literally fell and my eyes grew wider.
"The Jacksons? The most irksome, tiresome family?"
"So is there a problem?" Dad rasied his voice a little, sounding like how a punishment would be meted out soon.
"No," I replied faking a smile but bringing smiles to my parent's face.
Sigh.
I walked to my room briskly after dinner.
Sigh.
That was the only word or reaction that came out from my mouth after dinner.
Sigh.
I stared blankly at the ceiling, lying on my bed.
Sigh.
I could see the images playing back at the back of my head. I could still rememeber. Remember every detail that raped my child innocence, and pride.
Sigh.
It wasn't long before I felt my eyes heavily closing as the ceiling became more and more misty.
The next morning, it was the weekly Family Day as my parents would call it.
A family of three, two adults and one grown up child. It was a perhaps a little too old for the name - Family Day.
However, today it was different.
As I dragged myself out of the bed I smelt a strong aroma of Mushroom Soup. It was so strong that I even drooled.
I quickly raced through the stairs heading straight for the kitchen when my
© Copyright 2007 Apathetic Teen (amandalee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235490-She