*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1237412-Beauty-in-the-Eyes-of-Death
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1237412
Love in the eyes of Death.
I am a man with many faces, many names, and many histories. I am a man born when life was created in this world. I am a man born with no future, no heart, and nowhere to go. I am a man born to roam the world, doing what I do best. I am a man that could never be defied; may it be god, angels and even fate. I am a man that fulfills everyone I meet, their very destinies. I am a man that could never be replaces as long as there is life. I am a man born from not desire but from need. I am a man some do not even want to meet. I am man they call the executioner of life. All in all, I am a man they call reaper but I prefer to be called by my first name, Death. And this is the story how I, death, fell in love.

About a year ago, when I was roaming around the endless path I call life, stumbled upon a human that strike my interest for the first time I laid my eyes upon. It happened on a cold night in a road in New York. She happened to bump into me when I was walking my “rounds”. Her hair was a golden as the sun, with skin as fair as snow. I couldn’t even get my eyes off her. Admittingly, in this ugly and colorless world, such beauty still remains. Troubled by her beauty, I kept a watchful eye over her and I follower her that night. Well, I could call it instinct, but just as we came into an alleyway; she was dragged into the corner by a pair of thugs. Interested in how things would turn out, I watch as the scene unfolds.

“Give me your money or it’s the early grave for you, miss!” shouted one of them. She shook her head valiantly, denying her assailants the pleasure of fear and panic. Getting angrier and angrier, I knew that this could turn out rather ugly. “Interesting beauty,” I thought to myself. Being the very personification of death, the idea of beauty does not even come to mind. But, somehow deep down I wanted to protect this image of beauty. Even though it could destroy the work ethics I have. Regardless, being interested in a human has not been unusual for someone in this line of work. It spices up the work life a bit. So I helped this women, you wouldn’t want to know the details of what happened to the two thugs so ill leave it to your imagination. I turned to face the fainted girl and lifted her up towards the end of the alley.

“Thank you,” she whispered in my ears. You could say I was shocked but my curiosity sparked. “You can see me?” I asked, my voice sounded as cold as ice.” Yes, of course. Why wouldn’t I?” she answered mildly. Unable to answer her, I kept quiet. I carried her in my arms towards the nearest hospital I know. The least I could do, of course.


© Copyright 2007 P.V. Nabila (vylen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1237412-Beauty-in-the-Eyes-of-Death