*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238780-The-Precursors-1-The-Darwinists-pro
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by yuda
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1238780
Prologue to a cool sci-fi story.Chapter one is up.
THE PRECURSORS:
BOOK ONE: THE DARWINISTS

BY DANNY EVANS




Prologue

Brone walked into Lord Cryptoid’s throne room, looking at the marvelous view of the Alpha Construct through Cryptoid’s window. Swirling greens and blues decorated it, though the steel Super-High Buildings that the Experimentals on it had built sort of drained out the color. Just like Brone, and all of the other Precursors on the Orbital City, Cryptoid was a blue hue, about seven feet tall, and looked sort of like a wolf. They had furry skin, and though azure, it still resembled the Earthly creature, except for the fact that they walked on two legs.
Brone bowed as he walked up to Lord Cryptoid’s throne. His Gloriousness was also staring at the Construct, smiling at his greatest piece of work.
“Lord Cryptoid,” Brone said, trying to get the Precursor Overlord’s attention. He turned to Brone and sighed.
“Croseius, why do you always come when I’m stargazing?” he asked, his voice deep. Brone shrugged. “Well, Chief Advisor, what do you need to tell me?” Brone took a remote control out of his pocket and pointed it at the window. It was holo-technology. The window was covered by a purple screen with Precursor runes all over it. Brone pointed the remote at a rune and clicked it. A video recording went all over the screen. It over and over showed a recording of humanity’s new reiptonetechnology weapons and machines that had just come out in 2052 and now had started the Second Industrial Revolution. Lord Cryptoid sighed again as he watched the recording.
“What of these Experimentals become?” the Overlord whispered.
“Smart,” Brone said. “They’ve become smart.”
“So what’s your proposal?” asked Cryptoid.
“Well,” Brone looked around, gathering all his courage to tell Lord Cryptoid his idea. “I think the Alpha Construct was a failure, now that the Experimentals have discovered reiptonetechnology. What if they discover us? They’re such savages; they’ll just kill us all. I think it’s time for deletion.” Lord Cryptoid was silent for a few minutes, then he grunted in frustration.
“Dammit, I know you’re right. But the Experimentals were so good!”
“My Lord, I’ve already told the Architects that we may have to build a Beta Construct. Start from the beginning, all clean.” After a minute or so of hesitation, Lord Cryptoid nodded.
“Do it.” Brone hit the back-button on the holo-screen and clicked on another rune.
“We learned a lot about evolution from the Experimentals,” said Cryptoid, sadly.
The entire holo-screen got covered by one rune: “Deletion.”
It’s time to kill off those damn Experimentals for good, Brone thought. Three two—
An explosion rung through the room and the door blew open. Four Experimentals, all carrying reiptonetechnological plasma guns came running in through the smoke.
“For Humanity!” the one at the front yelled.
“For Freedom!” one behind him yelled.
“For Darwin!!!” they all yelled. Brone was overwhelmed in fear. It was an Australian male, leading the group, a German female, looking like a second command, an Argentinean male and an African male. Brone knew the way Experimentals looked and spoke by heart.
The Australian ran over to the Generator. No! The Generator powered the Scarlet Ray, the weapon that could destroy the Alpha Construct! It could not be destroyed!
Brone unslung his energy rifle and fired three bursts at the Australian, but it was too late. The Australian blew up the Generator, though Brone managed to burn a hole through his arm.
“Blake!” the African yelled worriedly. “Goddamnit! They hit Blake!”
“No!” the German screeched. She threw an energy dagger at Brone and it impaled into his leg.
“Gina,” said the Australian, to the German. “Take command.”
“Nahuel, get Blake, now!” she said to the Argentinean. “Waiyaki, take out the Precursors!” To the African. Waiyaki fired at Brone and Cryptoid as Nahuel, a medic, patched up Blake the Australian.
Brone had been right. The Experimentals were savages.

© Copyright 2007 yuda (yuda456 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238780-The-Precursors-1-The-Darwinists-pro