*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1239442-Thrist-Prologue-and-Bring-the-Demons
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1239442
A boy is turned by his uncleand becomes obbsessed with a dream women
Thirst

 
By: Elizabeth de Sang and Rayven Saden

 


Prologue
 
          "I see the dead, but I don't want to become one, you're immortal, you have a gift, share it with me, me your blood..." The 18 year old pleaded.
          "Why my dear Mael, why should I share my gift with you?" He questioned him; he didn't look the boy in the eyes and stayed in his shadow. The boy seemed innocent, like an Angel sent from God to torture him.
          "Because I am tormented by the shadow of death and all I wish is to live forever, Luis, to be free from that shadow." His voice was calm and sad. "Give me the chance to live forever because your brother was never given that chance."
          The monster felt a pang of guilt, he had met his mortal brother once and he too had begged for immortality and he refused him. Luis took hold of Mael's neck and brought him closer to him, the gash the boy had afflicted himself with was open and the scent of blood was thick and intoxicating.
          "How could I refuse you, my dear Mael?" Luis whispered, his fangs became longer and he licked the dripping blood before sinking his dagger like teeth into his nephew’s veins.
          The boy grabbed his shirt, a rapture of pleasure blinded him, and he saw a girl's face, pale and delicate, and black silver flecked eyes and violet hair. He felt her touch his face and kiss him, he wanted the girl needed her but didn't know her.
          "What...name?" He choked in a whisper as Luis let him fall to the ground.
          He was thirsty, he hungered for something but his mind, though it loomed near death, was on the girl, it was romantic to him that he would die and all he could think of was the girl. Luis cut the vein in his neck open and lifted Mael to it. The smell was overwhelming and delicious. He put his mouth over it and the blood filled his mouth, it was warm and tasted like the sweetest wines of Italy , it was fire going down his throat, fire that was damning his soul. Luis watched as the blood changed him, perfecting him painfully, making his mortal beauty seem less significant. Mael licked his lips and sat up.
          "Give me more." He whispered.
          Luis studied his creation with a pensive expression. "As you wish, young one.
          He lifted him up and flitted the young one to Paris , a city of beauty and romance, a city loved by damned creatures. He picked a young girl for him, she was thin and beautiful to him, and her mortality was beautiful to him.
          "Take her."
          "But..."
          "To live she must die."
          He came upon the girl quickly, he felt his fangs unsheathe as he neared her. Mael saw the fear in her eyes and savored it. He savored her death, tasting it on his tongue. He turned to Luis as the girl's body slumped to the ground.
          "To live they must die, they are inferior to us, and we are Gods." He muttered.
          The monster was shocked by his revelation.
          "You were one of them, already in your hour, have you forgotten that Mael?"
          He looked away from his sire; thoughts of the girl filled his mind.
          "Who is the girl?" He asked.
          Luis saw into his mind and was shocked, "I don't know."
 
 
 
 


Begin Little Demons
 
          Take a drag. Listen. Take a drag. Listen; listen for those four deadly words. The man in black looked over at the obviously uninterested Nyx and grinned. “He wants you back, Nyx. He misses you.” He said casually. Nyx’s breath hitched, her body tensed instantly and she became more alert. “Shall we play the game or will you come peacefully? It’s your choice, babe.”
          Nyx sighed, her black silver flecked eyes jumped to the headlights in the distance. Her hand flirted over the handle of her gun. “What if I choose neither?” She asked, pulling the gun and tugging on the trigger. Nyx giggled a slightly psychotic giggle as blood spattered onto the concrete and Oliver’s body fell to the ground.
          Nyx turned quickly, looking down at her attire as she walked away from the fresh murder scene. She started with the shoes, Black and White Vans, followed by baggy black bondage pants, then finally a large black D.e.M.o.N. hoodie. Simple, she walked slowly, looking back occasionally to see if the car was following her. They weren’t, thank god. She’d had her fill of government pest for the day. She reached her destination, the City Park. Nyx removed her hood and ran her fingerless gloved hand through her crimson locks. “God, I need a vacation.” The immortal hissed, slumping down onto a bench.
          Curiosity led him to her, the sound of the gun intrigued him and he went towards it. Mael found her, the girl that burdened him in his most vicious and avid dreams. He followed after her quietly, she was picturesque and exotic, she drove to the brink of insanity only to make him feel sane and he didn’t even know her name but she had been there since the beginning.
          Nyx sighed, shaking her head. She watched as the brisk winds made fallen leaves dance around her. “Stay here, go home." she weighed her options, deciding to stay in the park and rest. Her lip twitched and a smile emerged as All these things I hate (revolve around me) by Bullet for my Valentine played loudly. He watched her lips twitch and her smile, he was amused.
          "What is your name?" He suddenly asked out loud.
          Nyx shot up from her resting position, her hand already on the handle of her gun. Had they followed her? No, they'd know better then to call out. “Nyx, why? Who are you?"
          His eyes flickered to the gun and then he smiled, "My name is Mael and why? I don't know."
          She sighed, removing one of her ear buds. “Nice to meet you. Do you always ask random strangers their names?"
          "It's a strange habit but yes I do." He answered; he had wished she recognized him.
          Mael shoved his hands in his pockets and studied her, his long dark brown hair fell in his gold black incased eyes.
          She rested her head on her hands, watching him carefully. " Why do I feel like I've seen you?" she inquired softly. She shut her eyes, her ears ringing as the cops whizzed by.
          "Maybe you have, maybe I'm a dream." He replied, watching her and then staring after the cops.
          "Your to pretty to be a dream." she said softly, she looked up at the sky. "I'm not that imaginative, dude." she said more to herself than to him.
          His head snapped up and he stared into the first drop of rain.
          "You are my dream..." He muttered under his breath. Nyx groaned and turned over in the bench, leading to her colliding with the ground. “Great, I knew I should have gone home.
          "You are lucky you have a home..." He muttered, slumping against a tree and resting his head.
          His sire Luis Adams had not let him home in the past months for a reason he didn't understand.
          She ran her hand over her face. ‘Always picking up strays, Nyx.' the demon within hissed. She hissed and exhaled sharply. “Need a place to stay, kid?"
          "Yes." He answered simply, he grinned at her. "If you don't mind?"
          "I don't mind. Put you have to catch the couch. I'm not a slut." she mumbled, shrugging her shoulder as a sign for him to follow her.
          He followed, "I didn't think you were."
          Mael's ears perked as he heard the trees rustle and the beating heart of a mortal.
          Nyx scratched her head and ignored the beating, yet paid close attention to the beating of Mael's heart. “Are you going to kill it or not? I kind of got to go."
          He was quick and killed the mortal without hesitation, eating his heart as they continued walking; it would satisfy the hunger for a few more days.
          "Wow. You ate his heart, and I thought some of the people I knew were vicious." she laughed softly, an odd gleam in her eyes as she grabbed Mael's hand and led him into the darkness of the alley. “To my apartment, Mon Cher."
          He laughed, "That is what I was taught."
          He liked the feel of her hand in his. She smiled at him as he was tugged into her slightly disheveled apartment. Nyx moved lone stands of crimson hair out of her eyes. "So you are immortal immortal?” She asked softly, tilting her head in interest.
          "Immortal immortal?" He inquired
          She bit her lip, and let go of his hand, reluctantly as she sat down. “Erm... an immortal immortal is an immortal who wasn't made by the government." she explained.




© Copyright 2007 Rayven Saden (dark_release at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1239442-Thrist-Prologue-and-Bring-the-Demons