*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242133-SomewhereinBetweentheMadness-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1242133
This is a story of a girl stuck in between this madness we like to call life.
                                                  Prologue 



         From the very beginning my life was a story just waiting to be written. I was born a month early into a world of crazy mothers, forgetful fathers, and four out of this world older siblings. I was the youngest of five, the smallest, the loudest, the most energetic, and the one with the weirdest name.
         My family as great as they all are, to say the least wasn’t the most traditional family out there. My mother, Disha Rice Chamer was a very distractingly beautiful women, thus why she had NO problem finding a husband. It just so happens though that she had no problem finding three others. This was my mother’s third marriage. From her previous two she had four children. From the first marriage with Skip she had my two oldest brothers Allan and Nathan. Allan was BORN to be a leader, so I guess it was very good that he was born first. He had that natural drive and determination by the time he was six that most 40 year old successful rich business men wish they had. Nathan was a rebel from the start. The second he came out of the dark no where’s of my mother dearest, backwards, we all new that he would from then on break all the laws…I wouldn’t be surprised if one day he actually broke the law of gravity!
         From her second marriage with Leon she had my two other wonderful siblings. Rose was the first girl, and she carried more compassion in her then twenty mother Teresa’s. By the time she was three she had been taking care of her mother, and her older and younger brothers and sister. She was unlike any middle child out there; she had the heart of a lamb and a smile given to her by the God’s. Then my last brother Carl. Carl is the quiet shy type. You know the one that every one is kind of afraid of, but really he’s the sweetest, funniest, smartest boy out there. By the way he is a genius, if I were ever stuck in a life or death situation where I needed to solve some kind of equation…I would pray that my brother Carl was standing right next to me.
          My father Kevin David Wallishd had just retired from the army, living his life…enjoying every moment of the small amount of youth he had left when. BAM!!! It hit him. The beauty of my mother’s smile from the other side of the street, and like so many other good men before him; he was stuck. Already head over heels in love with the women across the street chasing down 4 not so well behaved toddlers.
               Three weeks later they were married. Eight months later they had me, Wish Olivia Wallishd. Till this day I still wonder if they deliberately made my initials spell the word “wow”…but every time I ask they just smile, shake their heads and walk away. And from the 16 years of my life now…I’ve realized that the only one thing my parents actually have in common would be their wonderful skill at so gracefully walking away from me.
         Like so many other great romances my parent’s crashed horribly off a cliff just to end in a big fiery explosion leading to the sudden deaths of anyone standing near by. So my mom moved out. And eventually once again smiled at an unexpected man, married him, and moved to Iceland. My mother had always been a very free spirit. If the wind changes…she will change with it. She believes in the unbelievable. And I do have to say from some of the things I’ve seen when I’ve been with her I have no problem believing in the unbelievable too. There was something different about my mother, besides the obvious. She was special…she possessed a magic that I knew was always there but never could prove it. She was my protector. She does yoga…normally naked. She thinks that clothes are a mans invention meant to keep your soul quiet and never letting it break free and speak to you. She spent a very good portion of my childhood naked…and believe it or not, her soul had NO problem saying what was on its mind. And I had no problem listening to it. I loved my mom, but I learned very quickly not to get attached to her. I knew her soul very well…and I knew that it runs away and changes faster then Washington weather.
         So when I was 14 years old I came home from school one day to find a note taped to the front door of my Daddy’s house.
It read, “My Dearest Wish,
I just needed something new. A change…you were holding me down. I need to fly Wish. I hope you understand that I can’t live the life I’ve been living. I’m in Iceland now starting new. I’m sorry. Bye.”
         And that was the last time I heard from her.
         Mean while my whole family just seemed to fall apart. The only honestly happy one was my sister Rose…who was now a lesbian. My brother Allan was in the air force and in Iraq. My brother Nathan had just returned from a two year trip in Montana…we’re all glad he’s back…but it would have been nice to start with if he told us he was going…or tried to contact us at all in those two years. But he was so much like my mom that I couldn’t really blame him…all I could do was love him. Carl being the super genius he was had gotten a scholarship to Yale and is now attending there. I don’t really talk to him at all. So if you asked me any question about him besides his name and is IQ level; I would not be able to answer it.
         And then there was my Father. My, oh so loving, oh so clueless, oh so hurtful father. He got a new girlfriend, and he loves her a lot. He loves her more then me. The thing is…she hates me. Kelly and I never really hit it off. I didn’t like the way she treated my brother Nathan; so one night after she told me how much of a burden I am to my father I finally told her to shave off her mustache and leave. And she left. Unfortunately she took my father with her. My dad is at her house 5 out of the 7 nights a week. And even though I walk around the house with a smile on my face…it hurts. My mother had left me two years earlier for someone she loved more. And my dad now sat here wishing that he had left first. But he didn’t so he has to come home every once in a while to buy food and tell me what part of the house to clean next.
         So I am 16. I am five feet one inches tall. My hair is brown…but naturally blonde. I’ve lived in a Small town called Buckely, Washington for over 10 years now. My eyes are amazing and change on my moods. I have a crazy naked mother roaming around in Iceland somewhere. A father who is in love with a Hitler look a like; a very determined and caring older brother risking his life in Iraq. I have a best friend of 7 years named Nicole; she is my constant…the only one who hasn’t left me. I have an overprotective older brother who disappears and reappears so frequently, and makes it very hard to date…he’s a very intimidating person. My sister lives in California with her girlfriend…and they are the happiest couple in the world. And my brother Carl who I went my whole life not knowing anything about him…is on the other side of the country; so chances of becoming close to him anytime soon is highly unlikely. I am a loud, outspoken compassionate energetic, lonely young girl. Stuck in the middle of all this madness you would like to call life. I am drawn to bad situations…I always find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Incapable of finding any luck…and incapable of finding anyone who could actually love me. I was a robot. Numb from any emotion because at an early age it was all taken from me. Then he walked into my world…he walked into my madness.
© Copyright 2007 my haRt (hartsmadness at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242133-SomewhereinBetweentheMadness-Prologue