*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242193-when-it-rains-it-pours
by lhayes
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1242193
When I think of rain, I think of God's rain
When it rains it pours- Morton Salt

When I think of rain, I think of God's rain.  Cleansing rain, redemption rain, healing rain.

I can picture it.  A cool spring morning. The sun peeking over the horizon.  Rain pouring out from heaven to cleanse the trees. Getting rid of all the debris left over from the winter. Dead leaves, pine needles, dead flowers all gone. Dirty remnants washed away to make room for new blossoms.  God does the same thing for us. He washes away our sins to make room for us to blossom. He removed the dying limbs from us so that our roots will be stronger, just as He does the trees.

The rain pours down around the trees creating a swirling stream of water, dirt, and debris. Anything that could harm the trees is washed away.  Anything that could wedge its way into the foundation of those trees is gone.  God saves the trees. He keeps them safe from harm. God wants us to depend on Him just as nature does to supply all of our needs, to save us from harm, to redeem us.

As the rain pours down the sky darkens and the wind blows. I can hear the thunder in the distance. Change is coming.  Instead of tiny tender rain drops the rain begins to fall with passion, with a purpose. The leaves are drenched with water.  The cores of the trees begin to waiver, swaying back and forth with the flow of the wind.  Not
breaking, just swaying.  Back and forth with the rhythm. Then suddenly a snap. The dead branch that was weighing down that hidden tree is gone.  It's lying on the ground, with no stronghold left on the tree.  Its ties are now broken. It's attachment permanently gone. 

The rain stops.  The sun peeks out from behind the clouds.  A light breeze rustles the leaves.  The tree that was once hidden beneath the dead branch is now free.  Free to soak up the beauty of the sunlight.  Free to sway back and forth with the gentle breeze that God provides for it.  You and I are free to sway with God.  To move with His gentle breeze of life.




word count=400
© Copyright 2007 lhayes (lhayes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242193-when-it-rains-it-pours