*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242845-Feral-cast
Rated: E · Other · Erotica · #1242845
this is a story about the characters from the "cast in "series by michelle sagara
this has some individual character but mostly the old ones. this will be mature! you have been warned. head the warning. positive critiques welcome.


Prologue
         She saw the shadow fall over her even though her eyes were closed. She felt more then heard the dark angry leotine growl. Kaylin Neya looked up, wondering what she’d done this time. Though as far as she could tell, she’d done nothing. Well besides tie Severn up and lock him in her closet. As far as she was concerned, he deserved it. She might have gotten over what he’d done in the fiefs the first time around, but sneaking up on her while dressing was not an option she gave her partner, much less a friend, even an old one.
         She was really getting tired of every one trying to watch out for her. She appreciated it, but it was driving her insane. She’d just about become a permanent resident at castle nightshade, much to the fief lord’s delight, just to get away from Teela and Tain. And while Severn could follow her he usually didn’t. Kaylin might be uninclined to kill the bastard, but Nightshade was a different story altogether.
         As it was, it would be another twenty minutes before he got in, Andellen should have let him out by now, though with the Barrani should and would are often on two different continents. Especially Nightshades guards.
         “I didn’t do it. Whatever it is” she said. Imminent doom was beginning to make her wake up, but only just. Kaylin was not a morning person, not by a long shot.
         “I believe you were told to stay home for the week.” Marcus Kassan, sergeant of the hawks growled. It was a low growl one unlikely to attract too much attention. Then again given his mood he could probably kill her and no one would pay much attention. Good thing Nightshade couldn’t hear her thoughts in the halls of law.
        “Which is why I’m here.” She said in irritation and ducked, it was an automatic reflex and a good on too, since there was apparently no stop between her brain and her mouth on the best of days. She wasn’t too worried, Marcus had drawn blood, so had the hawk lord, and hell she didn’t even want to think about Tain. He was the only person outside of Nightshade she’d ever seen draw blood with a padded stick.
But it was better safe then sorry
        Marcus’ attack did have two bonuses, one it woke Kaylin up. And an awake Kaylin was much faster then an asleep one, it also brought Tain and Teela’s attention.
      “Someone called me and said I was needed in the office today.” She said defensively. She’d stayed put after that initial dodge. Marcus was a cat and they chased things that ran.
      “Who?” Marcus had stopped in his tracks, his eyes an interesting shade of violet. If she hadn’t know what it meant, she would have considered it a pretty color to mach his orange fur.
      “I don’t know, Andellen answered and he never said who it was.” Kaylin took the cloak Tain handed her absently. It was nightshades and Kaylin, while her nose was not as good as Marcus’ could still smell him on it. At the moment she really didn’t want to think about where that thought was headed.
      “Where are we going?” she asked with out argument.
      “The high halls.” And before she could ask he started. “There are four visiting lords who are being toured by Evarim, and they have not been informed of your mark by the caste lord yet.” Kaylin cursed.
      “Shouldn’t they have gone their first?” she asked as they walked out to the training fields. Tain gave her a dark look. It was the darkest she’d ever seen on him, and it wasn’t pleasant. It was the look that said, ‘we are not going to discus this’
                                  She should have stayed home.
© Copyright 2007 kallen kenoli (kallenkenoli13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242845-Feral-cast