*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244548-A-discovered-and-deciphered-document
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1244548
Written for "Science Fiction Flashcontest". prompt: rain
written for "Invalid Item / april
300 words / prompt: rain




    Third week on the site.

  I checked the eight thousand miles diameter and all layers of sediment last week.
Everything is according to plan.

  Congratulations to the thermo-masters; their new version of the core is running great.
Wonder how long it will keep burning with the new recipe of chemicals.
Early this week the tractor-shuttles arrived with the icebergs from the nearest nebula.

  It was a beautiful sight, them being launched into a spiral orbit around the globe.
When they grinded the synthetic atmosphere of mainly nitrogen, they softly burned with a bluish glow.
A thick surface of the icebergs vaporized and settled in the outer layer of the atmosphere. The icebergs further melted into billions of waterdrops, quenching the dry masses of land.

  The monitor-ships registered heavy rain all over the surface, hundred and sixty eight hours straight.
Some spots on the surface that formed shallow pools of water vaporized while still being filled. The passive heating from the star the globe orbits around caused this. We'll hope it gets better in time.
These rising clouds added water to the already satisfied sky.
The spectacle of this heavy rain was breathtaking each time we watched it.

  A small percentage of the icebergs strayed off course perpendicular to the globe's rotation and fell solidly down on the top and bottom, creating huge masses of ice.
This was not calculated for. The question is if this will create a dysfunctional ecosystem. I hope we did it right this time in this solar-system

-reporting; the site manager of project 3GFTS



This is one of the seven printed documents of a report dumped at "the construction site", the celestial body. Discovered millions of years later by the dominant species that were almost completly evolved, and they deciphered and interpretted it.



© Copyright 2007 Dormael (dormael at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244548-A-discovered-and-deciphered-document