*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244854-Unfailing-Love
by Kayla
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #1244854
bittersweet...beginning of a story (still working on it) please review!!!
The hospital was silent other than the sound of voices coming from the halls and hospital beds rolling all over the floors. Jessie Carter turned and watched as the 11-year old boy slept. She smiled softly and pushed back the hair that had fallen in his face.
He stirred and opened his eyes, blinking several times before he finally recognized who was leaning over him. "Jessie?" He croaked. "You're here." He tried grinning but found himself too weak.
Jessie smiled back at him and nodded. "Yeah, I didn't want to leave until I told you a story." As a volunteer at Northview Children's Hospital, she had begun a close relationship with the young boy, especially since she had made a promise to take care of him, even when she was off work. "So...what story do you want to hear?" Jessie pulled out an armful of books from a nearby drawer. "We have Fudge, Treasure Island..." Kyle interrupted her by putting his hand fimrly on her arm.
"I don't want you to read those," He said.
"Oh." Surprised, Jessie put them back in the drawer, then leaned forward. "Then what do you want me to read?"
Kyle smiled. "How you and Tyler met." His blue eyes were sparkling and Jessie knew she couldn't refuse to tell him the story. She sighed shakily and smiled. "Ok. From beginning to end?"
Kyle smiled. "And in-between."
With that, Jessie took Kyle's hand and began her story.
© Copyright 2007 Kayla (kwriting.com at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244854-Unfailing-Love