*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244877-Denied-Before-Our-Time
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Other · #1244877
Trying to live while you are alive, in a world that thrives on the dying.
Hot sweat and heavy breathing...a cadence of soft moans and heated whispers, soon to be drowned out by frenzied screams and plaintive begging..smothered in the aroma of two bodies entertwined..potent perfume of passion...

...DENIED...

access due to unfortunate circumstances and an unusually high call rate...please take a number and have a seat...

...sighs...

of discontent from a chorus of the lonely. Shuffling of glossy pages in magazines, in them, everyone smiles the smug grins of the satisfied. Meanstwhile, the mob finds they cannot even satisfy themselves..and become even more restless..

...DING...

your number has come up...oh no, I'm sorry, that was a limited offer...I'm afraid you'll have to come back on the fifth Tuesday of Never..for we've a going out of business sale then..

...time passes...

you return to the location to find a sign..we've relocated from the area, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, have a nice day...

...sure...

as you drag yourself back onto the bus to Nowhere..and find there isn't one empty seat.
© Copyright 2007 Lahtnamas Wise (ladyscorpion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244877-Denied-Before-Our-Time