*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244952-Heavens-tide-prt-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Spiritual · #1244952
Part 2 of heavens tide,..still a work in progress.
CHAPTER 2



Gabriel watched as Gusion was shackled and removed from the high court. For the brief time he had been in the court the only information he could gleam from Gusion that he didn't already know was an image of a human girl. Had this girl been involved with the incident? He didn't know but was determined to find out. The girl seemed to be looking straight at him. This could only mean one thing. She was a medium, and if she had seen what happened then she was the only one able to shed some light on it.
Gabriel kept his thoughts internalised. As was the custom with members of the high council when around the public. They all knew too many secrets that couldn't be allowed to get out. This was a good aide to his cause though, as being the head of the Arc-Angels he was the only one that knew all of their activities. It also put in him a high enough position to protect all of them. He left the building with the rest of the congregation that had gathered to watch the hearing. When outside he slipped away from the main crowds and headed for Sandalphons’ home. He was the only healer in the land with enough skill to combat mental illness with even a hint of success. It was well known that it would be he that was called upon to aide Gusion. He was also sympathetic to the Arc-Angels plight and a good friend of Jophiel. It was possible that while Sandalphon healed Gusion he may gleam some further information.

It took a while for Gabriel to explain all that had happened in the hearing, and all that he had learned from Gusion. By the end of it Sandalphon, though upset for his friend Jophiel, was also extremely concerned for Gusion.
“It sounds like he’s had his memory altered. I always new the NAF would start using bully tactics on it’s members some day. I’ll do what I can for Gusion. He was a good man doing what he felt was best for his community. Even if his opinion of what’s best was a little off. I’ll tell you what ever I find Gabriel, but watch your back, The war is just starting proper.”

Gabriel left the healer feeling his burden was a little lighter and easier to bear. Sandalphon always had that affect on people. It must be all that positive energy Gabriel mused, as he walked towards his own home in the Powers Domain. The scenery here was different to anywhere within heaven. They had they’re own small communal space that they used to discuss the ways of the world. Dotted around it where sculptures holding questions with no answers, pictures with no sense of order, and multi tiered mazes with no sense of up or down. In the centre of all this stood a magnificent apple tree that was laden with fruit all twelve months of the year, even though it’s leaves withered in the autumn, and grew anew in the spring. It was the home of the original philosophers. All of the powers tribe are philosophers at heart, it’s in their genetic makeup, it’s what makes them so open minded, and non judgemental of others.

When he got home Gabriel sat on the lawn outside and meditated on the girls face he had seen in Gusions thoughts. She wasn’t pretty in the conventional way but she had a strange sweetness about her. She had the look of innocence etched into the fabric of her skin, but her grey eye’s told of hard learned wisdom. Light brown straight hair tumbled onto her shoulders. her build wasn’t slim but wasn’t exactly fat either. Obviously she took care of herself. He could imagine how she would think of her body, she would treat it as a temple, but never go quite as fair as vanity. A peculiar balance for a human. As he thought about her he tried to tune into her image. Matching the frequency of his aura to what he imagined hers to be. Trying to focus on her Gabriel astral projected to the area he knew Jophiel had been visiting on earth. London, England; that’s what the Humans had called it.

Gabriel was suddenly deafened by a roar of so many voices that it was just white noise. He quickly put a barrier between himself and the intrusion upon his thoughts.
Glancing around, he found that he was standing in a fairly deserted side road, though closer to one end than the other. Hundreds of people were crossing the end without even a cursary glance for any approaching vehicles. As he watched the pedatrians he was full of a sense of emptyness. A few of them had a tiny flicker of awakening, but the overwhelming majority were living a life solitude, seperated from nature and their true selves. He felt nothing but sadness, greif, and anger from these people. He turned away, not wanting to think about the awful demise of a once so glorious tribe. Switching his attentions back to the girl he tried again to focus on her. She had to be near or he wouldn't have materialised at this point. Slowly he felt the unmistakable pulse of energy only an 'awakened' human would radiate. It was weak, but it was coming from the direction he had just been looking. He turned back and tried to avoid seeing the lifeless forms moving across his view and and concentrated on the direction of the pulse. Gabriel left the side road and crossed the main highstreet to an unkempt peace of land just outside a rather tall, impossing grey building. The energy he sought was inside the building, but he didn't wish to enter. The building seemd to sap away at his life force, draining him even from a distance. Determined to find the girl he deigned to await her exit. It didn't take long. Within a few short minutes he saw her. She was in a wheeled contraption designed for the infirm or disabled, but he sensed no form of weakness within her. Quite to the contrary, this girl was the strongest of the human race he had encountered for many long centuries.
© Copyright 2007 Sonja Blue (sonja_blue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244952-Heavens-tide-prt-2