*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245083-Genesis-Class-Lesson-7
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1245083
Genesis Class Lesson 7
Part 1 - Convert to Active Voice 


1. The committee’s recommendation was vetoed by the presiding officer.
REVISED
The presiding officer vetoed the committee's recommendation.

2. By then, the sound track will have been completely remixed by the sound engineers.   
REVISED
The sound engineers will have completely remixed the sound track by then.

3. Mistakes were made.   
REVISED
They made mistakes.

4. The exam entrances was failed by over one-third of the applicants to the school. 
REVISED
Over one-third of the applicants failed the school entrance exam.

5. Your bicycle has been damaged.   
REVISED
Someone damaged your bicycle.
¨

Part 2 - Short story 


Lightning flashed across the sky dashing our hopes for an outdoor supper.  This morning the sun shone hot enough to cook the burgers.  By the time Brian put the burgers on the grill, the clouds were dark but we thought we could still cook outside even if we had to settle for the dining room table instead of the picnic table.    Sparky and Brutus were chasing each other, playing and barking up a storm. 

The sky opened and the rain drove into the ground hard and fast.  We dashed inside abandoning the barbecue and any drinks not in hand.  United for once, Sparky and Brutus toppled the barbecue and gobbled the burgers, tails wagging in doggy delight.  The dining room table was set and the salad was ready.  I got out a few more glasses and poured drinks to replace those outside being mixed with rain.

Peering through the window we watched our dinner being devoured.  We looked at each other and groaned.  Then one at a time we started to laugh.  I recalled something my brother-in-law said to me last month; "acceptance is the answer to all my problems today" and joined in the laughter.  I picked up the phone and punched in the number for Joey's Presto Pizza.  The troops will be fed.


© Copyright 2007 Kit_Carmelite (kit1197 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245083-Genesis-Class-Lesson-7