*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245522-Melancholy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Fiction · Other · #1245522
Alive tears
Melancholy


-Hey, you! Tear! Why are you falling off of this person's face? - The mind asked.

-I wish I didn't have to but I have no choice, other than giving my life away for his cause- Said the tear.

-But how come? Just stop from falling, hide inside those eyes, and don't ever come out! - The mind yelled.

-In that chest there is a heart, and that heart gives us orders, we can't avoid them, there are rules and norms we should follow!- The tear said.

-Rules? What rules? - The mind asked.

-The rules of that hear, we only get to stay hiding inside those eyes as long as he's happy- The tear cried while falling of the face.

-What do mean? - The mind asked, and by that time the tear had already splashed in the blank peace of paper. And another tear showed out of the other eye.

-Hey, you! Tear! Why are you falling off of this person's face? - The mind asked.

-Whenever that heart is sad, he orders us to commit suicide, falling off of these beautiful eyes- The second tear said.

-I am the one who should be ordering you to stay hidden! - The mind reproached.

-You don't understand! We are that heart's army! And we defend him until the end! If he is ever sad we die for him! Each one of us are his instrument to show the world his misfortune! - The tear said before being buried in the peace of paper. A new tear was born.

-Hey, you! Tear! Why are you falling off of this person's face? – The mind asked.

-You would never understand! You have no emotions at all! You can be really good at Math, Science or History, but there is a matter in life that you just could never understand! And that is… love! - The tear said, and then disappeared in the peace of paper. Another tear was out.

-Hey, you! Tear! Why are you falling off of this person's face? – The mind asked.

-We don't listen to you, we only listen to that heart, and because he can't cry, we cry for him- The tear cried.

-And what makes him more important than me? He can't think like I do… He is blind, deaf and has no touch so ever; he has no senses other than a imaginary connection with other hearts! He only understands other hearts! And I can understand everything, because I have a brain and I'm smart! – The mind yelled.

-You don't know anything about love- The tear said, and vanished away.

-What is love? – The mind said confused. And more tears started to come out.

-Hey, you! Tear! Why are you falling off of this person's face? What is love? – The mind asked.

-Ok- for a second, the tears stood steady –Love is… something that should last forever but does not, something that should make people just who they are but it does not, something that should defeat war and hate but cannot… Love is a lethal weapon- She said.

-Oh, that is easy to understand! - The mind said when the tears were gone. And more tears got out.

- Hey, you! Tear! Why are you falling off of this person's face? – The mind asked.

-I really don't know something about a broken heart and a thing called "love"- She said.

-How? I… I just don't understand how I cannot understand anything – The mind said.

-Non-of-us understands love, and to tell you a secret not even that heart down there does! And we all cry because we just can't understand love! How can something turn from the more amazing thing to the worst enemy? The tear said.

-But what do I do then? – The confused mind asked.

-Come join us if you can't understand love! And maybe you realize what love is! – The tear said.

-I'm afraid- The mind's last two words were, then he gave birth to his first tear, and named her "Melancholy".
© Copyright 2007 Esteban (ebmwcc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245522-Melancholy