*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245598-Soldier
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1245598
The history of my main charcters coverd, in a brief battle in a small valley...
"Hello"
The soldier jerked from the haze of half-sleep, and spun around just in time to see the boy slip from behind one of the surounding trees. He let his half-drawn sword slide back into its scabaord.
" you should not startle a soldier, boy. You just might get hurt before theres time to see your not a threat."
"Sorry" said the boy looking more then a little frighted, and begining to wish he would have left the sleeping man alone, but vistors to the isolated valley where to boy lived were just to rare to pass up. "I just wanted to say hi." seeing the boys fright the soldier took on a less hostile tone. "well come on over here." The boy started to walk the ten or so paces to where the soildier stood leaned up agianst a tree."
The soldier slid down the tree to a squating postion about the same height as the boy. " What are you doing out here, boy?" the boy stoped a few feet from the soldier still a little afriad of the sword he wore straped to his hip. "I was just going for a hike, me and my family live just on the other side of the river."
The soldier looked at the small boy, thinking he couldn't be any older the 11 or 12, and sighed. "It's not safe here, its not safe to be anywhere in this valley..."



Note.
This is just the begining of the begining and therefore is a very rough draft. I would very much appreciate any feedback. I know there are tons of grammer problems and such but i've never been good with that.
© Copyright 2007 Akatosh (akatosh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245598-Soldier