*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245873-Four-Little-Bears
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1245873
Don't argue with each other or Nanna will send you to Big Bear to get gobbled up.
Once upon a time, there were four little bears. All the bears were close with one another and they liked to play games, but one day, they started arguing. After listening to the arguing for weeks, their creator, Nanna (or Mom, to some) told them she had thought of a new game. The gist of it is that they run around the island in the middle of the kitchen and, when the music stops, they need to hop in to the bag. The last one into the bag is "it" and has to wait in the bag until the game is over.

The bears thought that was a fun sounding game, so they tried it. Devon played piano and Daphne played 'cello and when Mary Had a Little Lamb was over, all the bears ran lickety split into the bag. The last bear was the smallest one so he had to stay in the bag while the other bears played the game some more.

Daphne and Devon played another song, Hot Cross Buns. When the song was over, all the bears leaped into the bag on top of the littlest bear! But the last one in was also the biggest one. So, the littlest bear and the biggest bear sat in the bag for the next round.

Daphne and Devon played a third song, In the Light of the Moon. When that song was over, the last two bears scrambled into the bag and there was a tie. They started squabbling over who was going to have to get out, so Nanna walked over and zipped the bag shut! She had listened to those little bears argue long enough and told them she was going to send them to the biggest bear of all, so they should just sit still.

Nanna wrapped them carefully into a box, covered them up with left over streamers from Daphne's birthday party and put in a few other things. Aunt Jay decided she needed to send along a new creation - a journal for the 3 J's - and put it in on top of those arguing little bears!

Nanna closed the box up tight, and sealed it shut with a LOT of tape. Then they had to go sit outside in the cold Boyd wind in the mailbox to wait for Ruth, the mail-lady.

Ruth came and took those little bears away from Boyd. They traveled all the way over to Tennassee, where the biggest Bear of all opened the box up, saw those little bears (who were too frightened to move!) and gobbled them all up.

The End.

Moral of the story: Don't argue with each other or Nanna will send you to Big Bear to get gobbled up!
© Copyright 2007 jaymethunt (jaymethunt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245873-Four-Little-Bears