*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246106-Is-it
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by FC2000
Rated: E · Monologue · Romance/Love · #1246106
What is love?
Can u like a person you’ve only seen twice? Can u love a person who you’ve only met a few months ago?

What is love? Is it thinking about that person continuously minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day? Is it wanting to protect that person and make sure that they are happy forever? Is it feeling pain when that person is sad or upset? Is it wanting to get rid of all of that person’s troubles forever? Is it wanting to heal them when they’re hurt? Is it wanting to just hold that person and be with them forever?

Is it wanting to see that person smile… the smile that would brighten your day? Is it wanting to make that person smile… whenever they frown, or sigh? Is it sighing whenever you think of that person? And is it twisting and turning in your sleep for another restless night?

Is it the nervousness you feel when you go on a first date? Is it the frustration you feel afterwards when you realise you could’ve done more? Is it the pathetic feeling you get when you can’t do anything to make them feel better? Is it wanting to talk and listen to that person forever?

Is it wanting to learn everything about them… from their most terrible habits to their most attractive traits? Is it realising that they’re not perfect, but that they are perfect for you? Is it seeing the bad side of them, yet wanting to be with them even more? Is it wanting to understand… and be understood?

Is it feeling lost when you’re not with them? Is it feeling loneliness when they’re not around? Is it not being able to think of anything else and not being able to do anything because you can’t stop thinking about them? Is it the smile that flashes across your face whenever the thought of them crosses your mind? And is it writing down your thoughts and feelings that swirl and toss your heart around like a lone boat in the middle of the raging ocean?

Is it wanting to brush away a strand of hair that has strayed across their forehead? Is it wanting to hug them when they’re down? Is it wanting to kiss them and comfort them forever?

A single phrase — “I don’t know…” how ironic. And yet how appropriate.
© Copyright 2007 FC2000 (evilnut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246106-Is-it