*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246360-The-Person-who-Influenced--My-Life
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1246360
people do not have to say outloud they love you.
My Dad was stern, always right and when I was young  I was a  tad afraid of him  , yet respected him.
My father knew all the right answers, really he did!
His name was John Parker

My Father could fix a broken heart or a broken toy or a broken appliance with the  ease and skill one would only  dream to possess.
He repaired our  Junker cars, and made them purr like a kitten and spoiled us  because he could fix any thing.

Nothing in our home was broke for long because my father had this unique ability  to  repair  any thing.He was also a wise man and his wisdom was some thing I always admired.My father, alway's had an answer to the hardest  question one might ask of him.


I was always afraid to tell him I loved him
because he didn't  like  bieng mushy  and seemed to wain from showing  out ward affection. He  never  wanted you to get to close, he  would pul away if you did.

Later I  found out , it was because he was abandoned by his mother, so he was afraid to let people get to close. for fear  they woud abandoned him again.

And it  wasn't untill he became ill,  that I got up the nerve to tell him,  to his face "Dad I love You!"
The only time I remember him tellling me  openly  and with out hesitating  he loved me was  when I had to tell my parents  "i had a brain tumor" he wept and said "I love you" It was druing my recovery,  when he came and  watched me sleep or lay there  I saw the look on his face how he was so worried about me.
It was then I realized  you didn't have to say I love you out loud to someone  you love . Instead it was how you treated them on a  daily basis or they might show you how they loved you in their  daily actions toward you.

I attempted my entire life  to make my father proud of me . It wasn't until he died that  I realized I wanted to make him proud of me because I was so proud of him  and  that is why I wanted to be so perfect for him, because I loved him.
It wasn't  until he was gone,  that I  could see  all the times he told me he loved me  but without words.
My father  taught me to be  a strong  person , to find a way  to do any thing  and to be the best person I can be.
My father gave me the strenght to recover  from my tumor because he only accepted the best , never weakness.
My father made me believe I could walk again, talk again  and be the person  I used to be if I worked hard enough for it  and  because of my Fathers  strength here I am today  almost ,whole
DawnParker Turner




© Copyright 2007 DawnParkerTurner (daydreamer1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246360-The-Person-who-Influenced--My-Life