*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246405-Honesty
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1246405
I looked into her eyes and felt nothing, knowing she's cheating.
I looked into to your eyes last night right past your skin, past your hazel iris, through the big black hole in to the vacuous darkness that fell over us in the night, a blackness that my eyes could not adjust to. It may have been the dark night, but I swear I saw nothing. Nothing beyond your eyes. Nothing but a beauty that I’ve never seen before. And beauty is nothing but a strong hallucinogen. You are laced with lies. Your drug is so strong and I am so craving it, and I inhale it, and I ingest it, and I live it like a reality. But I am too strong to let it’s effects take on me. and when they do, I am not listening. Though they make me tingle, smile, exuberate in exuberance, though they give me goose bumps and shivers, though they make me come, though they make me scream with pleasure and laugh with frustration, they do not last. In fact, they lasted as long as your honesty did.
© Copyright 2007 sunshine (ltlmsunshine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246405-Honesty