*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246804-Did-anyone-say-struggle
by varuna
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1246804
synopsis of the everyday struggle a common man undergoes
Did anyone say struggle?


I have often wondered about how gloriously people exalt the level of struggle in their lives."I've struggled a lot","All I am today is because of the struggle i underwent early on in my life"are some oft repeated quotes from some very powerful,influential personas in their respective fields,whose lives are rapt with the resonance of success.At least they have had the favours of Lady Luck to have their constant endeavours transmogrifying into a stimulating success story.


But,what about the struggle a common man is gripped by on a regular basis?A man working in a non glamorous government agency,slogging through the iresome routine of commuting by buses and putting up rigorously with the verbal abuse of his peers,on even going slightly wrong in his performance.There are people and people out there,who struggle endlessly,knowing it would not take them anywhere worthwhile.


Going down the economic ladder,there are people who struggle throughout the day,on the roads,on railway stations etc.only in order to get enough money to fuel the stove that gets them just about the food they need to survive.For them survival is the biggest and sole motive of struggle and their existence.


And then there are thousands of housewives across all stratas of society,who struggle relentlessly at the hands of their inlaws,kids,husband and the innumerable relationships they find themselves enmeshed in after marriage.True,in the upper strata of our socio-economic structure,housewives have been elevated as "homemakers",but at the same time are very comfortably brushed aside as boring and non-compliant when somebody asks them the oh-so-predictable question-"Oh,so you are not working anywhere?"


True,working women struggle,but then they have won over the struggle of carving a niche for themselves in this materialistic world.For an ordinary housewife,the very struggle of attaining an identitiy in her own eyes,is futile and meaningless.After being meted out a taken-for-granted treatment by all the members of the household,even though she strives to make their life comfortable,she is still confronted with a big vacuum in the thinking and intellectual arenas of her mind.


Hats off to so many ordinary and common entities,who struggle and struggle,with the knowledge that it would never ever consummate into anything fruitful.Who said that life belongs to the rich and the successful?Life belongs completely to these unacknowledged,uncertified hearts,that pulsate endlessly to see through their daily existence,life belongs completely to these beautiful,dream laden eyes,that behold a future where none of their wishes would get fulfilled.But,they still dream.......they still yearn............they still desire...............


THAT'S WHERE LIFE TRULY AND DESERVEDLY BELONGS.....................

© Copyright 2007 varuna (v5ny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246804-Did-anyone-say-struggle