*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246915-Apple-Tree-Part-one
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Ghost · #1246915
An abuse girl runs away from family and goes into a graveyard with a apple tree.
“Get back here!” Yelled the drunken mad father. As the girl feared and cried for her life, she got her bags and ran out of her room and down the steps. When she got down the stairs, the mother grabbed her arm. “Baby please don’t go!” Baby, he won’t hurt us no more.” The mother looked like she got beat up by a mob. The girl dropped her bags. “How can you believe him? He did this so many times. One time he almost left you for dead!” The girl grabbed the mother’s shoulders and began shaking her. “Mom, do something! You can’t just stay here! If you stay here, you will die!”

Then the girl fell to her mother’s feet and cried for her sake. The mother and the girl heard something shatter on the top of the stairs. “Young lady, you’re not leaving here tonight and you made me spill my drink!” Yelled and cursed down the stairs. As he got to the fifth step, he slipped and fell down the stairs. The girl hurried picked up the bags, kissed mom on the cheek, said good- bye, and walked out of the house. The girl then went beside the house and got her bike. When she got on the bike and rode in front of the yard, the front door busted open. The girl began to pedal faster out of the yard. The father pulled out a gun and started shooting at her. The bullets missed her by inches.

It’s almost midnight as the girl rides her bike near the woods near the near by highway. The girl stopped at the graveyard next to the woods. As she parks her bike next to the fence of the graveyard, the place became more foggy. The entrance gate was almost off its last screw. In the daytime the graveyard looks small, but at night it looks like it goes forever. When she entered the graveyard, the place was cold. If it was spring, summer, winter, or fall, it was always cold. In the middle of the graveyard was an apple tree. The girl heard so many stories about the tree that she feared it. But she was very hungry and so she went towards the tree. When she got to the tree, she heard something whisper “Don’t.” It echoed quietly into the dark corners of the graveyard.

She began to shake in a little bit of fear. She stared at the tree for a few minutes before touching it. When she touched the tree, she felt wind be hide her if someone walked passed her. Then she felt deep grief for something, held her head on the tree, and began to cry. After she got done crying, she picked an apple. The apple was warm and she didn’t understand why. She began eating it. When she was half way done, her eyes began to become blurry. She tried rubbing her eyes and didn’t help. Then she began to have pains in her stomach. She fell to her knees. “What’s happening to me?” As she moaned. Again she heard a whisper “Don’t finish it” She painfully got up and try to run out of the graveyard.

But she couldn’t see that well and ran into tombstones. She tripped over one and fell. As she tried getting up, she felt something tug her on her left shoulder. She stood up and looked around the best that she could and saw nothing. She slowly and caution walked around the tombstones. She was scared out of her mind. She heard a notice from her right and looked over. Her eyes began to clear as the fog thick’s. As she looks harder into the fog, she sees something. The girl walks a little bit closer to it. As she got close, she notice it looked like a women. The girls got bigger as the women got closer. The women had dark black hair, no eyes, no legs, and black angel wings. The women stopped and open her hands and looked like she was trying to get her to come to her. Overwhelmed of what she seeing, she passes out and falls to ground. The women picks her up and carries her into the dark fog…………………….
© Copyright 2007 afro_blkguy (afro_blkguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246915-Apple-Tree-Part-one