*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247203-Secret-of-the-Myst-Chapter-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1247203
Another Superboy Jamie Story
The Secret of the Myst – Part 4


The next morning came early for everyone. Jamie was up first since he does not need as much sleep as the rest of the bunch. He went outside to fly around a bit, soaking up some energizing solar radiation.

He took the opportunity to over fly his new friend’s house. With his X-ray vision, he peered in on Robby. As he did, Robby rolled over in his bed and gazed up toward the ceiling in Jamie’s direction. The young super hero gasped and he wondered “Can Robby see me? Does he know I’m here?”

“Wow! Is that weird or what?” said Jamie mused.

With that Jamie turned and flew back to land on the familiar balcony entrance to his room, quietly he let himself in. He didn’t want to startle Maddie who was still asleep. He floated alongside Maddie’s bed, and gently placed his hand on his little brother's shoulder.

“Maddie... Hey Maddie, wake up sleepy head. Time to get ready for school,” he murmured.

“HHMMM....MMMMPH” was Maddie's only reply as he stretched and yawned.

“Come on tiger. Get your lazy bones out of bed. Up’n at’m. Yah wanna come with us and walk with Robby to school this morning, don’tcha?”

“OHHH Yeah!! That's right!” exclaimed Maddie.

He jumped out of bed and dashed to the bathroom. He showered quickly, brushed his teeth and combed his hair. Back in his room, he dressed himself and headed downstairs to the kitchen. Wes had already made it down there. He had Maddie’s cereal bowl topped off and was about to pour the milk as little Maddie walked in.

“For me?” asked Maddie of his oldest brother.

“Sure is lil’ bro” Wes smiled. “Jamie and I have already eaten. Your turn,” Wes continued.

Maddie started to scarf down his cereal as fast as he could. He did not want to miss out on this chance to get better acquainted with Robby. He really liked and looked up to the young, athletic, red haired baseball player. He just wanted to get breakfast over with and get going. “Woah-woah-woah, lil’ bro!” Wesley laughed. “Slow down and enjoy your breakfast. We’re not in THAT much of a hurry! Take time to chew your corn flakes before you swallow, lil’ man!”

Maddie made a show of finishing his cereal at a slow and deliberate pace. But, truth be known, his mind was not on his breakfast. He couldn’t wait to wolf down his breakfast and get out of the house. He’d have skipped breakfast altogether if he’d thought Wes or Jamie would’ve let him get away with it. But he knew better than to even try.

After Maddie had finished and cleaned up after himself, the three Kent boys left their townhouse and walked quickly over to the McCloud's residence. Jamie trotted up to the front porch and rang the doorbell. Fidgeting impatiently, he waited for Robby to answer.

“Hey guys!” said Robby the door opened.

“Hey, baseball star!” replied Jamie with a grin. “Ready to go?” he asked.

Robby nodded as he shook Jamie's hand. They shook hands all around and started off to school. Madison was being - well, Madison - jumping around playfully running out ahead of his brothers and then hurrying back to rejoin them. Greg had caught up with them en route to school.

“Hey guys. How’s it goin’?” asked Greg.

“Fine” the boys said in unison.

Then they cracked up at their display of unity. Everyone kept laughing and joking as they made their way past the iron-gate into JFK Middle School.

“Alright bros, I gotta get to my class,” said Wes.

“OK big bro. See you at lunch” replied Jamie.

Madison hugged Wes, Jamie, Greg and even Robby as he made his way to his classroom. The other three strolled into the hallway. They navigated toward their lockers. Jamie stowed his homework for a later class in his locker.

They walked into Miss Cooper's English class, still talking about comics, and baseball. They were getting along really well. They sat down and waited for Miss Cooper's class to begin.

Miss Cooper stepped to her regular spot in the front of the class and was about to hand out a reading assignment when the whole building shook.

“What was that?” asked one of the students.

“It was probably a low flying jet aircraft causing a rumble” replied Miss Cooper calmly.

Robby's gut was on fire, a wave of nausea sweeping over him. He raised his hand to attract Miss Cooper's attention.

“Miss Cooper, may I be excused Ma'am, I need to use the restroom” he asked through the pain.

Miss Cooper agreed and handed Robby a hall pass. Robby headed down the hall to the first rest room he could find. He ran as fast as he could, his body ravaged with pain as his super empathy kicked in.

Robby McCloud is no normal human being. He is a mutant with several unique abilities. He is a super powerful telepath and empath with the power of teleportation of himself or others, as well as the power to heal with a touch.

Robby reached the rest room and shut the door. He concentrated on the victim he was sensing. His eyes turned as black as onyx. A thin cloud of mist enveloped the youth. Within a millisecond he was gone.

Back in the classroom, Jamie peered out the window with his super vision. What he saw shocked and amazed him. He saw his new red haired friend materialize out of thin air next to a fallen factory worker. The next thing he saw amazed him even more.
© Copyright 2007 SuperboyShinzon (shinzon911 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247203-Secret-of-the-Myst-Chapter-4