*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247433-Infection
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #1247433
this is a vampire/werewolf story...i was bored
Smoke billowed about the train station as the Transylvania express pulled into the station. Thousands of people were scurrying about like ants in the rain. Whistles blew and people yelled. Carts were being loaded with suit cases and people pushed to get on the last train out of Transylvania. A cry came out from the first carriage. “ALL ABOARD WHO’S GOING ABOARD!” the train conductor bellowed. Everyone milled about the doors. Then chaos erupted.
It started at the front of the train and like a ripple spread. The seats were nearly full. This train had been over seated. People started to shove and push. Then the howls began. At first people didn’t notice. Then it grew louder and closer. The station slowly silenced as people stopped moving listen. The lights flickered. The storm thundered over head but not a soul moved. The only sound was of the rain pitter pattering on every head and on any unoccupied ground. The lights gave another flicker then went out.
Gregory smith held his young daughters hand and started to slowly inch backwards towards the train. His daughter followed suit clutching her stuffed teddy. They got to the door and Greg lifted his daughter in. A horrific howl filled the night. Another howl to the side, then a human scream. The crowd as one ran for the train. The train started to move with passengers half in, half out. Greg pulled himself into the carriage. He looked over his shoulder. People were flying every where as something tore threw the crowds. “The infected”, he breathed. The train started to pick up speed. “Lillian!” he cried and grabbed his daughter out of the grasp of a terrified man who was hanging on the side of the train. He was trying to get in yet only succeeded in dragging Greg’s daughter through the window. Greg pulled at his daughter trying to bring her back in. The train station heaved out of sight with people still running for the train in the midst of all hell on their heels. There was a thump on the roof. Something had landed.
Unadulterated fear was plastered over the terrified man’s face as something grabbed him and pulled him up out of sight screaming. He had let go of lily in his fright. Screams came through the ceiling as more people were ripped from the side of the train where they had tried to seek refuse. Inhuman howls came from the roof. Then silence. The rain pattered as it hit the roof. Thunder boomed and lighting lit the sky. The people that shared the carriage with Greg and Lillian were still. Quite sobbing started as these refugees from Transylvania thought about loved ones lost from the experiment gone wrong. A screech that filled the train’s passengers with fear sounded from above. He hugged his daughter. “Lillian. listen to me.” The seven year old looked up at him, tears in her blue angel eyes. “Daddy I lost teddy! Mummy is going to be upset with me! She told me to look after him!” Greg patted her blond haired head and said softly “I’m sure it won’t matter. Lillian. I love you.” “I love you to daddy.” Suddenly the power failed. The emergency brakes came on and the wheels started to squeal as the train slowed. Lillian grabbed onto her father. “Daddy their coming!” She shrieked. Greg started to sob and hugged his daughter close. “I know sweet heart I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” he wailed in despair. The roof ripped open and people were being randomly pulled through into the night sky. Blood and bodily limbs rained down on them. Lillian was screaming. Everyone was making some kind of noise. They flooded off the train and into the night. Some were carried up into the air while others were torn apart where they stood. Lily tried to run but her father held her back. He shoved her under the table and tried to follow. Something Grabbed him by the ankle and took him screaming into the night. Soon enough the screaming and screeching faded. Lily sat under the table hugging her knees, as the cold night grew long. She sobbed in grief for her parents and from the pain in her arm where the man who tried to drag her out bit her. It was already turning black as the infection spread.
© Copyright 2007 Flowrice (flow_flameclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247433-Infection