*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248135-Lifeless
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1248135
Earth revolted, leaving few behind, and the number of those left behind quickly decreased.
I sprint through the trees, occasionally glancing over my shoulder for my pursuers. I dodge each tree, speeding up every time I see a pursuer.
         "Maryssa! Over here!"
         I jolt at the sudden sound, but go to it, none the less. I noticed our camouflage just before feeling a deep prick in my neck. "Get out of here!"
         Darkness never seemed so sweet.



*Balloon1**Balloon6**Balloon5**Balloon6**Balloon5**Balloon6**Balloon1*



I guess I need to explain some things. This is Earth.
         But not the one you currently live in. I don't completely understand the process of how this arrives in your time, but I trust Clara with my life, so I'll try it. (Clara'll come in later.)
         This Earth is sometime in your future, and you are in my past. Some decades ago, something weird happened.
         Mother Earth revolted.
         All of our lives were changed in a single instant. Volcanoes everywhere erupted, massive earthquakes struck the fault lines, and tsunamis tore at many coasts. By the way, there is no California. California ceased to exist with the San Andreas, the millions of people that lived there, and the other countless millions who weren't even near California.
         But still, even through all of the destruction, some managed to survive.
         That's us. I am part of a group of fighters, trying to survive without using to much wood or anything else that might lead to a repeat of the last catastrophe.
         Then, there's our enemies. They prefer if things stayed the way they had been.
         Relations between us would be okay if there weren't the certain people who force their opinions on others.
         So, our numbers dwindle. The 5,000 that originally survived everything has become roughly five hundred. Four thousand, five hundred people have died in a matter of seven years.
         That is why you are reading this.
         I have no problem saying, 'I do not like this Earth'. Your Earth I have heard stories about is what each and every one of us dreams about. Our sanctuary.
         I'd prefer if that sanctuary could be something everyone could enjoy.

I plan to do my part, will you?
© Copyright 2007 CrazyAmaya (crazyamaya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248135-Lifeless