*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248234-I-never-would-have-thought
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1248234
A small short story about the ups and downs of love and loss.
Do you remember the day that it happened to you? I remember the day that it happened to me. Or, I should say that I sorta remember the day that it happened to me. It was a dark and stormy night. There were bats everywhere, and I just remember the bite. No, I am only kidding. It was just another night up until this point.
I had been to a horse auction that morning after working the midnight shift the night before. So, needless to say I was freaking exhausted. I stopped by her apartment to see if she was home to drop off a table to her. I had volunteered to drop off this table weeks ago but we could not coordinate our schedules to do so. Anyhow, I was there to make sure she was home so I could drop off this table.
It started out very inocous. She said that she was forced to take some time off due to an injury at work. I was already off, and had planned on going to the movie. So, naturally I said, I am going to the movie and you are welcome to join me if you want. Well surprisingly, she went along. Of course, we had to go to dinner first her suggestion.
I never never never thought I would go out with Barbie. All the way down to the bolnde hair. Well, to my great disbelief, a Barbie she was not. Not only was she beautiful, she smart, friendly, bubbly, exciting, all the things I had never had in my life. I know, I know, I know! How cliche. I never would have thought on a random encounter I would meet the girl of my dreams. I just wish someone had told me that at the time.
Well, it is a long time later. I must say that she and I have had our ups and downs. We fight, we flirt, we argue, love, etc... As I write this I am in the greatest of mourning. The love of my life, the only one I have ever called mine is gone. After numerous times, and numerous tries, she is gone. After all, has been said and done, she was the best thing that ever happened to me, and the most sorrowful.
© Copyright 2007 wil powers (wilpower at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248234-I-never-would-have-thought