*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248502-Rain-Dancer
by squey
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Teen · #1248502
About a girl who loves rain.
When you love someone, why?

No matter.  I care not for the worries and stresses of life, love and the pains of everyday. My worries are much more facile. When my monotone routine becomes too much to even think about I turn to the ways of nature. I reduce my being into a simplistic form and just let myself relax in all ways. My favorite times are when the clouds are as dark as charcoal and the rain begins to fall...

The rain transforms itself from the crude scientific process of precipitation into a steady beat of a drum. The pounding lulls my muscles into a deep sleep and i let my body be immerced in the torrential downpour. my mind slips into thoughts of nothingness and I fall into a serene slumber. My dreams secretly despise the moment of waking, but nonetheless, I must.

When I am ruthlessly forced to again strain my frail body, my whole being thirsts for the rain to come once again and take my soul to the place of equanimity.

A day is like a rain drop. Let it soak you with immense pleasure,  because there's only so many.
© Copyright 2007 squey (squey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248502-Rain-Dancer