*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249005-Paradise
by Kayla
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1249005
he hasn't told me loves me yet
He never once told me that he loved me. But I guess that comes with the territoy of dating. I told mom and she said not to worry about it. I suppose she's right. I mean, you can't make someone love you if they don't.

Johnny and I were going out Friday night, and I knew it would be another date with an empty "I love you." He was standing at the door when I opened it. He smiled, his brown eyes sparkling. He was wearing a red sweater, his best color, and jeans. He never dressed up when he took me out but I didn't care. I could smell the faint scent of his cologne and I smiled secretly...he always smelled so good!

"Hey," his voice came to me, interrupting my thoughts. I smiled shyly and said "Hi, I should've known to dress casual rather than dressing up." He chuckled and took my hand.
"You look good in everything you wear," he said softly, leading me to the car. Aww, that was sweet. So why don't you tell me you love me? My mind shouted.
"C'mon, let's go." Johnny pulled me to the truck and opened the door. "Well, thank you, Mr. Shauffer."
Johnny grinned. "You're welcome, milady." I giggled softly as he got in.

"Where are we going?" I asked.
Johnny started the truck. "Let's just say it's a secret," He smiled again, and pulled out of the driveway.

"Johnny...where are we?" I breathed in, not believing what I saw. A lake was bestowed upon us, and the sun was just setting, making the scenery even more romantic and breath-taking.
"Somewhere I like to call Paradise." He said simply, taking my hand. He led me to a nearby oak tree and we leaned against it, my head resting on his shoulder. His arm snaked around me. Tell me you love me! My mind shouted. Why was I doing this? Couldn't I have just enjoyed the moment instead of worrying about three little words?

"I've haven't shown this to anyone, Shawna." He whispered. "You're the first."
I giggled. "Does that mean I'm special or something?"
Johnny tilted my chin to meet his eyes. They were burning into mine, and I wanted to look away, but I couldn't.
"Shawna..." He whispered. his lips near my ear. "I love you."
At that moment, I was paralyzed, and was candle wax burning on a candle stick. I melted.
"Johnny, I..."
"Say nothing." He said.
I didn't. Instead we stood and slowdanced to the wind, and I could honestly say I was in Paradise.















© Copyright 2007 Kayla (kwriting.com at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249005-Paradise