*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249027-Friends
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1249027
my thoughts on friendship and loyalty
BY MORIAH A.
What is the point of friendship? People leave; grow up; move on. The comfort is good, but it departs. What if you don't even have the comfort? What do you do when the other person, the "friend" doesn't feel half as strongly about the relationship as you do? What if you love them and try and work hard to make it work, but they won't letyou get close? Do you scrap the relationship; just forget it never happened? If you do work and try and love, and that person shares your feelings, what do you do when they leave you? Do you keep trying to make it work, despite the distance, knowing that it'll never be the same? Or do you accept that it's over, and find a new friend, a new comfort? How do you cope when you're the one moving on?

Friendships thrive, but they wilt even faster. Is it worth it? We doubt, but we say yes.
© Copyright 2007 MissMomo (moriahelise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249027-Friends