*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249050-The-Meeting-of-Minds
by Inga
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1249050
sorry this is short
The plane smelt of plastic (strange) as maddy put her bag in the overhead compartment and took out a blue notepad. The front of which was covered in tiny spirals and various doodles she had scribbled on her taxi journey. He boss, Gregg heaved himself past her and fell into his seat, whipping off his jacket and in one movement carefully folded it into his briefcase.Mariam,the mousy receptionist gently lowered herself next to him as he breathed in and lossened his belt.Maddy smiled to herself. Gregg Melkshem and she had had an affair late last year and vowed to stop, which they have.But of course, a strapping fella like him cant help but grap your eye. Across the ailse a tall, blond haired man in baggy black jeans squeezed his backpack into the seat behind Maddy.Closing her eyes she thought of the hot beaches and moggy conference halls of Florida....
"erm... excuse me miss....?"
Maddy slowly blinked awake to see the blonde guy talking to her.He was leant over his chair looking nervous.
"Yes...? can I help you?" She asked as she wiped her eyes furiously.
"um.. I dropped my wallet under your chair...Im so sorry but could you reach it?"
Grasping the edge of her seat, Maddy sat upright and fumbled under her feet. Gripping the thick denim wallet she smiled as she gave it back to its rightful owner.
"Thanks," He murmered as he contorted his face in anxiety."um...My names Ben, bye the way"
"Maddy," She smiled as his newly bright blue eyes filled her dark corner. Gregg was a distant memory as her world filled with light. The snoring, drooling lump next to poor old Miariam was not part of her life any longer, Benny was.
After what seemed like ten minutes, the pilot signalled the end of the flight.Getting up, Benny grabbed her hand. Stammering, he whispered, "Can I walk you to your cab?" Nodding, maddy held his hand and walked smuggly past Gregg, who was busy chatting up a redhead air hostess.....
The next morning the sun flooded her room. The sweet smell of rose petals filled the air. That night she and Benny wasted no time getting personal. They felt they were so right together even though they had only just met....
© Copyright 2007 Inga (inga16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249050-The-Meeting-of-Minds