*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249154-Desolation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by alice
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Horror/Scary · #1249154
This is part of my first story..I've just started working on it.
Chapter 1
A young girl sits, crouched by the door of the high school that she had came out of. It's been hours, since she's been supposed to be picked up. She looks up at the empty darkness of the heavens, and as she does so, sirens can be heard. There are yells coming nearer and nearer toward her, and yet, she does not move. A couple of teenage boys come around the corner, yelling, smoking marijuana, and as the sickening stench filled her nostrils, sirens could be heard. As her eyelids droop because of the sleepiness overwhelming her, she sees policemen getting out of cars, while the sirens were still blaring. They run toward the teenage boys in front of her, as they run away toward their cars, and the chase begins. She sees a flash of metal as guns are being drawn out discreetly from both sides, then continuous bangs of guns. One side had fired, and now it was a full battle between the men and the boys. She sees falling bodies, blood splattered everywhere, people screaming as they run toward the horrific scene, in which she had been directly behind. Even as the other teenagers run toward the scene, their guns are still breaking the air with their deadly cracks. Screams are filling the young girl's ears, as she is still staring at murder and suicide being committed. Shouts mingling with the sound of the firing guns, the teenage girls screaming and the blares of the sirens. The boys would rather commit suicide than be taken to jail to meet their abusive parents. Who knows how they could have succeeded without the physical abuse and depression they were to suffer through...
The fight has finally ceased, and none of the boys are alive, yet, no policeman in injured. Their eyes are colder than ice, as hate builds for the teenage boys. The girl notices physical similarities between the dead teenagers and the grown men that are now observing the bodies. A
sudden realization that the men were the teenagers' fathers. A cold shiver runs down her spine, as she spills tears for the boys who had been murdered by their own blood. The girl still goes unnoticed, as her breath leaves and comes raggedly. She finally gives in to the heaviness of the eyes, and yet, she cannot sleep. The images of the boys committing suicide in front of their fathers, and their fathers' apathy for them made her open her eyes again. The heavy stench of blood makes her want to retch her insides out because of this horrible sin. As she looks around the parking lot, she sees that the cops had left, and the other teenagers were also leaving. Yet, the bodies were still there. Nobody had loved them. Nobody cared for them. Nobody had even thought of removing their cold bodies from the ground. Nobody was looking back. As the last cars left, the young girl stood up and approached the murder scene. As she grows closer and closer to the bodies, she realizes with horror that she had known all of them. They had been the most kind to her when she had first walked into the school that day. They had talked to her about their faith in God, and had influenced her about becoming more of a disciple. It could be plainly seen, however, that they suffered of prejudice. They were given the coldest looks as they walked down the hallway with the young girl, helping her. She collapses onto the cold, bloody asphalt.
She slowly looks upon the cold, dead faces of the helpful, loving teenage boys that have used drugs to escape from their abusive homes. She suddenly recalls her home. The insanity that is held there. She slowly wonders if it was possible for the same incident could happen to her. The tears begin to fall again, for she had loved and admired the boys for caring of others, even though they were faced with oppression. It was impossible to see that the once alive and funny teenagers were suddenly dead, and yet, they knew that she had loved them, that God loved them. Yet, this was the circumstance. This was her last and final thought as her entire world began to turn black, and she saw the bloody bodies on the cold, hard asphalt.

Chapter 2
The young girl, whose name is Bedelia, suddenly woke up to screaming. Automatically thinking of the scene she had just witnessed, she jumped up. She realizes she is in a room, full of teenagers, all holding stringed instruments in their hand. There is dubiety that she is awake, and not in a dream, when she hears the screaming again. She looks around, and sees that it was from the teenage boy next to her. The class is suddenly quiet after panicking upon hearing the screaming. Bedelia is being stared at with the utmost horror. She looks around, looking for the source of horror, and as she looks down at her hand, she sees the cause of it. She is now certain that she is in a dream, but it's a realistic, horrific dream. She looks down at the violin she had been unknowingly been holding. A regular violin, and yet, the most terrible. As she stood there, transfixed, the blood from it dripped down, ever so slowly on the ground. Knives were sticking out from the frame of it, as the blood soaking it, slowly dried and dripped down onto the cold, linoleum floor. There was now a puddle of the heinous smelling blood.
An appalling dream, and yet, there was still the sense that it was reality. The violin is dropped down into the growing puddle of blood. The teenagers in the room are too shocked to say anything. Yet, the teacher was missing. Bedelia began to search for any signs for him. She looks down at the floor, and to her trepidation, she saw a man lying on the ground. His blood had surrounded him, so that it looked like a strange sort of nest that protected him from the floor. As she continued staring at him in strange fascination, she saw that his eyeballs had been gouged out. His eyes were closed, however, there was nothing behind the eyelids. His throat had been ripped out, and there was a trail of blood leading, as Bedelia realized in perturbation, to the violin and her. She started to walk away from the scene. Her mouth was open, and yet, there was no sound. A cold feeling of dread, a depression. As the class silently watched her, she started to walk toward the door. Nobody stopped her. If she came too near toward them, they would walk away from her. She was soon out the doorway, and walking as fast as she could. She was completely unfamiliar with her surroundings, and then, she realized, it was the high school she had been to. The high school where she had met the boys. Despite that, were there any? Was there murder? Was it only a dream?
How was it that she was the prime suspect of murder? She had been holding a violin that was dripping with blood and had been stabbed continuously with knives. A blood trail led to her violin and to her. It was unfeasible for her to be able to gouge a teacher's eyeballs out and to rip his throat out. If she also had, then the students would have been screaming in sheer terror. As Bedelia was consumed in her thoughts,
© Copyright 2007 alice (sk8tbrdswdtw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249154-Desolation