*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250823-My-Brother-Died-Young
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Article · Death · #1250823
you can call it an obituary kind of article






My Brother Died Young
 
The science of modern Medicine constantly confirms the decline in human mortality and assiduously affirms the increase in human life expectancy. Yet, we have the heavens crashing on certain households and the squalid specter of death snatching away young lives that had more life to live than that they lived. Why does innocence, despite its strength, sometimes become the victim of the weakness of deadly disease? The news of the demise of ‘Bhaity’* (Pradyutpal Goswami) ** instantly gripped us, perhaps, with greater sorrow than what he suffered over the last few years.
                   Death, we all know, is inevitable. Sometimes it is expected. At times, it is awaited. Nevertheless, when it strikes it stuns. The agony is even more when the dead could never surrender to it meekly. May be we can seek consolation in the belief that the Gods love those who die young. But isn’t love deprived of the bliss of fulfillment futile? How can the Gods shower fondness on Their finest designs if They deprive the latter of a free and full life? Surely, there is a shade of irony in the amazing sense of destruction of the Creator! Or is this to be accepted as some kind of a paradox of providence?
Qualities, which we often ignore or overlook during the life of a person, haunt our minds after the death of the person. Bhaity was the youngest of our generation. We have already lost the eldest and the two after him. All were tragic and untimely. However, Bhaity’s breaking the natural order of mortality by preceding the seven of us elder to him, to say the least, is inconceivable and insufferable. He was the ideal youngest brother that anybody could want. Born at Chandmari Colony, Guwahati, he, like his four elder brothers, helped to enliven the aspirations of his parents and showed that the sweetest fruits were borne only by trees of honest labor.
Today is a solemn day for his family members, relatives, friends, colleagues, and well-wishers. May the world join us all in praying for the peace of his departed soul. In death, we lit up his body. His deeds will light up the lives of those that remain till eternity.

*  His pet name.
** His Good Name and Surname.
© Copyright 2007 rhymenreason (rhymenreason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250823-My-Brother-Died-Young